I bought a Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal a week ago. It was working at my uncles in Texas with the same exact wires an amp. It worked back at my home for a day, and then today no distortion comes out. I have gain on, volume, everything. I even put a fresh battery in. The amp is on clean channel. The distortion channel works, but it is extremely fuzzy and muddy, and I also want the pedal to serve as a footswitch. At my uncles, it worked with the clean channel on.

Please help ASAP! Thank you!
FLYERS GONNA FLY
Philadelphia Flyers: 47-26-9
is there no sound coming out?
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
hmm a similar thing happened to me when i first started out. try switching the cables around. remember the output goes toward the amp and input is towards the guitar. its a simple solution but it happened to me many times when i first started out.
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
I was gonna say, did you plug it in properly? Input is the cable coming from your guitar, output it going to your amp. I'm sure thats your problem
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
First, there is no distortion.

Quote by DSOTM80
I was gonna say, did you plug it in properly? Input is the cable coming from your guitar, output it going to your amp. I'm sure thats your problem

I have it like this:
Wall > Amp > Output PEDAL Input > Guitar
FLYERS GONNA FLY
Last edited by cgmetallica1981 at Jan 1, 2010,
maybe there's a wire loose inside?

delete system 32 then take it to a shop and see if they can fix it.
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
Quote by cgmetallica1981
First, there is no distortion.

I have it like this:
Wall > Amp > Output PEDAL Input > Guitar

There's the issue. The pedal goes between the guitar and the amp.

Guitar > Pedal Input > Pedal Output > Amp Input
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by lifesuckstomuch

try to isolate the problem

try different cables

put another battery in it

make sure your guitar is working (plug straight into the amp without the pedal, replace batteries if you've got active pickups)

double check to make sure you've got it hooked up right
Quote by eyebanez333

it may be a problem INSIDE the pedal, so a shop would be the best bet there.
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Quote by Sampy
There's the issue. The pedal goes between the guitar and the amp.

Guitar > Pedal Input > Pedal Output > Amp Input

Thats what I said reversed...
FLYERS GONNA FLY
like i said, take it to a shop. if its something simple they'll tell you how to fix it and if its a problem with the pedal itself it shouldn't cost to much to fix or replace.
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

Since it's just a DS-1 theres really no reason to take it into a shop, just buy another one.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Fixed it! I put it on the distortion channel on the amp, and put the gain to zero so it was clean.
FLYERS GONNA FLY
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
maybe there's a wire loose inside?

HEY wait a minute...
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by mmolteratx
This.

And this.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by cgmetallica1981
Fixed it! I put it on the distortion channel on the amp, and put the gain to zero so it was clean.

Huh? How did that fix it? Typically the only problem you'll run into with the Ds-1 is the jacks get dirty causing loss of sound, either clean them off or jack with your input till sound comes out. Other than that these pedals are tough as nails.
From what I understand, the pedal only worked on the distortion channel of the amp, but he hates the distortion channel and wanted to use the pedal in its stead. To work around this problem, he just turned the gain all the way down on the distortion channel so that it sounded clean, and just uses this as his "clean" channel.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children