hokay, so, my band recently purchased m-powered pro tools 8 and the m-audio fast track. after following all the instructions for installation, we clicked on the protools shortcut, and were presented with a message along the lines of "ProTools cannot locate/does not recognize any M-Audio Hardware blah blah blah" basically, it won't run cause it doesn't recognize the fast track. now, ive had my fair share of troubles with m-audio, i really think they're an unreliable brand, but without the money at the moment to do anything else, im kinda stuck. anyways, what do? how can i make protools recognize the hardware?
My Gear

Schecter C-1 Plus (Seymour Duncan JB bridge, Seymour Duncan '59 neck)

Bugera 333XL 212 Combo

MXR Carbon Copy
MXR ZW-45 Overdrive
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
contact Avid/M-Audio support for sure,

in the mean time, does the fast track work ok with other programs, or does the system not recognise it at all?

Mac or PC?

what version of the operating system?
usin a pc, windows xp. weve got all the latest service packs and everything. and the computer and other programs recognize the hardware, its just protools that refuses to.
My Gear

Bugera 333XL 212 Combo

MXR Carbon Copy
MXR ZW-45 Overdrive
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
try reinstalling the drivers and checking for updated drivers on M-Audios website
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
have you got an i lok
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
yeah, weve got the most up to date drivers, have uninstalled and reinstalled, and have an ilock.
My Gear

Bugera 333XL 212 Combo

MXR Carbon Copy
MXR ZW-45 Overdrive
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
You definitely need to get ahold of the company. This is an issue that only they can help you with, not us unfortunately. Best of luck, though! Please come back and let us know what the company told you, in case anyone else comes along with a similar problem.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite