im not one to moan about global warming, i love my technology, economical or not.

but these Renault cars they supposed to be releasing sometime in the latter half of 2011 actually look pretty cool.

BIGEDIT: some info - http://www.renault-ze.com/uk/?WT.srch=1#/uk/home.html

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Last edited by Silver-spear94 at Jan 1, 2010,
I just saw that advertised on the telly. It would be great if they catch on, as it would mean not as much money spent on fuel
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
would you be watching the big fat quiz by any chance? that ad is why i remembered to post it lol.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
would you be watching the big fat quiz by any chance? that ad is why i remembered to post it lol.

Haha, yes I am
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by Dust_to_Dust
Haha, yes I am

id loved to have been in that street in swansea, when those drag queens(COUGHcagefighters) beat those two piss head to the ground

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

hahaha that would have been hilarious! watching two drag queens knocking people out haha
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
The thing about electric vehicles is that unless the power driving them was generated in a clean/renewable non-fossil fuel manner then they aren't actually any cleaner due to the inefficiency of burning fossil fuel in a power station and transporting it over distatance compared to burning it in a car engine.

Basically electric cars are useless until we stop using fossil fuels to generate electricity period.
^That is true, i've discussed this in Physics classes at school. It annoys me when they say on adverts that switching your tv's off instead of on standby will reduce carbon emissions. I can't see how it will because the powerplants will still be pumping out the energy and carbon dioxide.
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
i like the tail lights, but the rest of the car is pretty ugly.

and aerodynamically, it's pretty terrible.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
i saw the advert, yeah watching big fat quiz of the year

and those cars look awesome!

(also jimmy car has the most annoying laugh)
Llama

On

Llama
Quote by freedoms_stain
The thing about electric vehicles is that unless the power driving them was generated in a clean/renewable non-fossil fuel manner then they aren't actually any cleaner due to the inefficiency of burning fossil fuel in a power station and transporting it over distatance compared to burning it in a car engine.

Basically electric cars are useless until we stop using fossil fuels to generate electricity period.

This isn't true at all. Even if all of the electricity in them was generated by fossil fuel, they still get the equivalent of something like 130mpg. That's more than four times the efficiency of the average new car today.

Also, it won't be long 'till we've moved to hydrogen-electric cars anyway, so the point is moot.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Jan 1, 2010,
Quote by Dust_to_Dust
^That is true, i've discussed this in Physics classes at school. It annoys me when they say on adverts that switching your tv's off instead of on standby will reduce carbon emissions. I can't see how it will because the powerplants will still be pumping out the energy and carbon dioxide.

Well power stations generate electricity based on predicted demand with an overhead so there's enough if they under estimate. If demand decreases over a significant period then they can reduce their output accordingly.

So yeah, using less energy would help.
That is true, but they make it sound that it will happen over night, which it wont. Ah well
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by Mutant Corn
This isn't true at all. Even if all of the electricity in them was generated by fossil fuel, they still get the equivalent of something like 130mpg. That's more than four times the efficiency of the average new car today.

Also, it won't be long 'till we've moved to hydrogen-electric cars anyway, so the point is moot.
Source? Electric cars are ~90% efficient, but if they get their power from fossil fuel fired power stations then the real-term efficiency plummets as the power station is only ~36% efficient itself.
Quote by CaptainRon
Tesla > all

Audi E-Tron > Tesla

had to be said

I love any Z.E. car, its about time real money is put into advancing battery technology, and it's finally starting to happen because of them

edit

and I see they are using the battery exchange type model, it seems the best solution for the time being, and I hope europe embraces it, where I live is just too big for pure electric, but REEVs will be nice when they arrive
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Last edited by Carswell98 at Jan 1, 2010,
i dont like the yellowy-green colour on it though, makes it look like a pair of shorts lol
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
They don't look cool.

They look ****ing awsome
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster