I'm looking for a good reverb pedal, but from what i hear, they always sounds alittle strange if its between the guitar and the amp. I don't have a amp with an effects loop, so i don't really have many option. I can stick it between one of my amps and their cabinets, will that give me the same effect? Also, i don't have a price range yet, so lets say under $150, $100 preferable.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
haha DONT put it between your amp and cabinet. not a good idea at all. just get a boss reverb pedal.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
Hardire RV-7 is one of the best digital and the EHX Cathedral is one of the best analog budget ones.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
EHX holy grail. Is a decent pedal for the price. T-Rex tonebugs are going for $150.00. T-rex makes great pedals.

Also you cannot put it between the head and cab. There will be smoke for sure.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
at this thread so far...

You can't put effects between your head and cab..

A reverb pedal will sound fine as long as it is after any other pedals in your chain, so it should be something like:

Guitar > od/fuzz/distortion > modulation > reverb/delay > amp
That way things won't go too crazy and any overtones produced by the reverb won't make a collosaul wall of noise and sound fantastically messy.

If you're just looking for spring reverb, you can't go too wrong with the Malekko Chicklet or T-Rex Tonebug Reverb. They're far better than the EHX Holy Grail.

But if you're wanting more options you can go the expensive route with the Dr Scientist RRR or EHX Cathedral. And for a cheaper alternative the Line 6 verbzilla and the digitech digiverbs are pretty nice.

Quote by Chrisiphone
Hardire RV-7 is one of the best digital and the EHX Cathedral is one of the best analog budget ones.

Last edited by ze monsta at Jan 1, 2010,
Quote by ze monsta

Opinions dude.

People have them believe it or not.

I believe it is quite cheap in my eyes in europe, not necessarily in the US

E-Married to Funny_Page
Last edited by Chrisiphone at Jan 1, 2010,
Stupidity is catching, I think it should be kept to a minimum.

Firstly: It's most definitely not a budget pedal. It comes out to about double TS budget.
Secondly: It's most definitely not analogue, I have no idea where you got that one from. Almost all reverbs are digital pedals unless you get something like a Van Amps Solemate or you use a reverb tank.

I too am in Europe. so meh.
Last edited by ze monsta at Jan 1, 2010,
ok, so far this sounds like i should just go into my music shop, try out some reverb pedals and they should be fine as long as they are all located at the end of my signal chain.

Thanx
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Ahh okay, I was misinformed by the EHX being analogue. I do a lot of my research based on youtube clips to gather an (admittedly rather basic) idea of the tone, I wasn't aware of it being either digital or analogue so I apologise for that mistake.

For the budget I was aware of it floating around the internet for roughly £100 - £120 on a certain webpage (not sure which) but seems to have risen in price...hmmm.

E-Married to Funny_Page