I was big on The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus before they got big. Ronnie Winter is a great guy.
Framing Hanely was another. But, all the post-hardcore rock bands that are under the surface but popular in the small crowds are usually being advertised as such.
So, I admit to finding them, but usually by record association.
i remember going to an avenge sevenfold concert...the tickets were $10.... that was when avenge sevenfold actually played decent music though.... when they got popular, they got rid of their underground type of sound...
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
Quote by Mangohabs
...great post

Quote by Headphonehead
@ Cobracarg: 1 word:Genius!!!
Ok can we stop sucking this dudes dick and deal with my question?
i saw the black out a couple weeks before they really took off, which was cool
afi
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I live in northwest montana, and Nickleback used to play at our fairgrounds all the time before they got big, they were much more of a country band back then but they still rocked.
Gear

Fender Squier Sunburst Guitar
Boomer .011 Strings
Drop D Tuning (normally)
SX: Amplifier, 20 Watt
Digitech RP255 Effects Pedal

Favorite Bands
Metallica, Slipknot, and Godsmack
Nickelback had what, one or two albums out before they got big? They were always fairly big.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
To be honest i cant remember which album they played, but i do know it was way before Silver Side Up
Gear

Fender Squier Sunburst Guitar
Boomer .011 Strings
Drop D Tuning (normally)
SX: Amplifier, 20 Watt
Digitech RP255 Effects Pedal

Favorite Bands
Metallica, Slipknot, and Godsmack
Yeah, they had one or two before that and I haven't heard either.

Didn't realize they were ever country-sounding.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by metalhead181
To be honest i cant remember which album they played, but i do know it was way before Silver Side Up

You are thinking of "Curb" It was actually a pretty good album.

And I saw Hoobastank way before anyone ever even knew who they were.
My best friend is actually friends with Brandon Boyd of Incubus. Apparently she knew him while he was in the band, but long before they had radio hits.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Biffy Clyro about four years ago at Barfly camden.

Now playing wembly etc.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
We were good neighbors for awhile with Clutch and helped them moved out when they started getting big.
Equip List: MTD Artist 5 fretless, Ampeg SVT 810, GK NEO 410, Behringer BVT5500H, Boss (EQ, LS-2, ChromoTuner, Overdrive)
Lacuna Coil...I got a promo of their first EP before it was released in 98, courtesy of a friend at a record store. I've loved them ever since.

I've been listening to In Flames since "The Jester Race" in 96 as well.
BC Rich NJ Deluxe Warbeast
Fender Super Champ XD
Last edited by muddymoose at Jan 8, 2010,
I found out about BFMV about 6 or 7 months before they really took off w/ Scream Aim Fire
BFMV have been big since their first album.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.