I recently purchased a new amplifier from a mate, it's an Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP Combo - All valve.

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/14397-ashdown-fallen-angel-60w-tube-combo-2x12-inch.html

that's a link to the amp ^^

I've been having a problem with it though, it sounds great, but when I play at the 5th fret of the low E string, the amp makes a loud echo-type sound. I'm not sure whether it's the tubes or speakers, but its only when the note at the 5th fret on the low E is played. It also happens at the 4th fret of this string but it's so quiet it's never bothered me.

Anyone got any ideas?
Maybe your guitar really resonates at that frequency?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
You would have to bring it to an amp tech who can adjust it to reach the 1.21 gigawatts it needs to function properly.
It's never been set up no! It seems okay though, I had a bit of fret buzz around that area but it seems to have virtually gone unless I'm picking really hard!
Do you think a set up could help? How come? It really sounds like the amp but I'm open to all suggestions
Quote by cjw6886
You would have to bring it to an amp tech who can adjust it to reach the 1.21 gigawatts it needs to function properly.

This guy has a problem, and right now you're being about as helpful as a cardboard bomb shelter. Either give some real advice or take your sorry ass back to the pit.

TS: That sounds strange, especially since it's only one note. Is it a reverby sound?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Yeah, the sound is hard to explain really! It's like a reverb that gradually gets deeper, and it kinda rumbles also!