This is one of my hardest flaws...sometimes im jamming with some friends and i fail at improvising...sometimes they turn out good but rarely...so the base question is How do I improvise ? If you have links to videos / explanations /theory etc...just put it all here i really wanna learn how to improvise and i think it will help me improving my skills

So everythin is most welcome , just spit it out here
Gear :Squier + Vypyr 15W / UCG102 + Picks = Awesomeness !
think about what you want to play first, and play it. Don't play anything unless you mean it.
a good way to improv is to know what key youre in and wat scales fit into those keys and play with those
Warmachine169 thanks, watching it right now

sometimes i have in mind a solo that i really like...but i just can't express myself on the guitar...sometimes i lose myself when trying to find the notes..
Gear :Squier + Vypyr 15W / UCG102 + Picks = Awesomeness !
Quote by warmachine169

Personally I found it bulky and abstract.

I did not see this suited for the absolute beginner and it has a lot of abstract data (Tenor versus treble).

It requires the knowledge of reading music, and the relative amount of prerequisite knowledge is staggering.

The music note charts and diagrams are not for the beginner as well. I felt the explanations were too brief and while they obviously sounded simple to the author, they were not to a guy like me, and I know music and theory and the fretboard. It just looks like we are all grasping for straws when it comes to making theory easy to understand and in depth.
Quote by ricardo_sousa11
This is one of my hardest flaws...sometimes im jamming with some friends and i fail at improvising...sometimes they turn out good but rarely...so the base question is How do I improvise ? If you have links to videos / explanations /theory etc...just put it all here i really wanna learn how to improvise and i think it will help me improving my skills

So everythin is most welcome , just spit it out here

well 1st of all, consider what improvisation is. You're creating (composing) music on the spot.

step 1: get good at hearing, understanding & creating music..

listen to music
learn music
study music
play music
create music

step 2: when you have enough experience you should be able to do those things spontaneously......that's improvisation (be it a solo, riff.....whatever)
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jan 1, 2010,
Practice writing music. Infact you should always be doing this. You might have awesome technique and be the greatest and string skipping taps, but if you can't write a song your wasting your time in my opinion.
Quote by UtBDan
this man hits the nail on the head.