Does anyone know of any good software (free or costly) that would be able to use my sound card and computer speakers as an amp?

I don't play my electric guitar very often (I play acoustic most of the time) and I'm thinking about getting rid of my small amp that's just taking up space (I live in a small apartment and every square foot is precious).
Are there any software-only solutions? Or do you have to buy a kit that has hardware?
GTR Solo works with just software. it's ok, I'm not a huge fan, but it's ok.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by paladaxar
Are there any software-only solutions? Or do you have to buy a kit that has hardware?

you'll have to buy some hardware, it will mostly be a converter that alllows you to conect your guitar to the computer
Quote by britishsligean
you'll have to buy some hardware, it will mostly be a converter that alllows you to conect your guitar to the computer

no, GTR Solo just needs a 1/4" to 1/8" cable, to go from guitar to sound card (works in line-in or in microphone)
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Peavey Revalver?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.