what exaclty does it do.
i bought it assuming that it would eliminate noise even while playing. Now i realized its just a gate. when i play on a light crunchy tone the noise is still there.
did i get the wrong idea?
Yup. It removes noise under a certain volume if you like. It's used to cut the hiss from distortion/over drive pedals and higher gain amps, aswell as feed back.

Only having good muting technique removes unwanted string noise while playing.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
its design to suppress feedback and buzz when you leave your guitar idol [when you dont touch the strings]. If you just suck at playing it doesn't fix that for you. It basically keeps tone and suppresses noises from the amp.
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Quote by nivlarama
its design to suppress feedback and buzz when you leave your guitar idol [when you dont touch the strings]. If you just suck at playing it doesn't fix that for you. It basically keeps tone and suppresses noises from the amp.

That's what this pedal is for.

My DS-1 does the same thing... Oh wait...
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
Quote by pigeonmafia
Yup. It removes noise under a certain volume if you like. It's used to cut the hiss from distortion/over drive pedals and higher gain amps, aswell as feed back.

Only having good muting technique removes unwanted string noise while playing.

no its not about muting, im saying when i play on a light crunch tone, low enough where the hum is audible while playing, muting and everything the hum is still there.
so its a gate basically, it doesnt separate the noise (hum) from the guitar sound, yea?