So as I sit here getting ready to submit my college applications an idea hit me.

Why am I applying to all of these colleges? They should apply for me instead

What if I were to set my own webpage with an application for ME, similar to commonapp.org or something, and send it to a few hundred colleges? Perhaps one might think it's witty and like my profile/website and offer me acceptance and/or money.

Or it could incriminate me and make me look like an egotistical idiot, thus making me get rejected everywhere >_______>

UG: should I put my plan into action? Or is it recipe for disaster?

EDIT:

Idea number two:

An ebay auction

Whichever college offers me acceptance + biggest bid on ebay gets me. Thoughts? >_>
Last edited by Supafly1824 at Jan 2, 2010,
This is what MySpace is for.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Quote by stevenpollock

you have an ES-125 from 1954
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
Quote by stevenpollock

LOL, I realized this after. But it would be more than just like a profile page.

Plus with the whole scholarship thing. I don't know, maybe this can get me acceptance and a scholarship. Because it's not like colleges recruit kids unless you're a star athlete.
Quote by RHCP987123
you have an ES-125 from 1954

I do!
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Quote by dark&broken
Colleges and universities already do this. They're called scholarships.

this.

obviously you were not their first choice TS.

better start applyin'
this response is a line-for-line parody of the letter MIT sent him.

May 5, 1994

Michael C. Behnke
MIT Director of Admissions
Office of Admissions, Room 3-108
Cambridge MA 02139-4307

Dear Michael:
You've got the reputation. You've certainly got the pomposity. And now you've got a letter from John Mongan. Maybe you're surprised. Most universities would be. But you're not most universities. And that's exactly why I urge you to carefully consider one of the most selective students in America, so selective that he will choose only *one* of the thousands of accredited universities in the country.

The level of pomposity and lack of tact reflected in your letter is a powerful indicator that your august institution might well be a possibility for John Mongan's future education. It certainly got my attention!

Don't want Bio-Chem students? No problem. It may surprise you to learn that my interests cover over 400 fields of study, from semantics to limnology, from object-oriented programming (perhaps one of the youngest professionals in the country) to classical piano.

What? Of course you don't want egotistical jerks. Who does? I *am* self-indulgent *and* over confident, but I'm also amusing. John Mongan is funny and amusing - whether you're laughing with him or at him.

You're interested in athletes? Great! John Mongan has played more sports - 47 - than almost any other student, including oddball favorites such as Orienteering.

You think I can pay for your school? Don't be too sure. I've got surprises for you there, too.

Why not send a guaranteed admission and full scholarship to increase your chance of being selected by John Mongan? Why not do it right now?

Sincerely,
John Mongan

P.S. If you'd like a copy of a fun-filled, fact-filled brochure, "John Mongan: What a Guy!" just ask.
#DTWD
If I had an ES-125 maybe then I'd have no problems getting in, you lucky ass.

Alright guys how about idea two:

An ebay auction.

Whatever college gives acceptance and the most money gets me. Plus it's one of those things that can get national media attention and actually work.

Actual possibility that I should explore (seriously..) or a pipe dream?
Quote by Supafly1824
If I had an ES-125 maybe then I'd have no problems getting in, you lucky ass.

Alright guys how about idea two:

An ebay auction.

Whatever college gives acceptance and the most money gets me. Plus it's one of those things that can get national media attention and actually work.

Actual possibility that I should explore (seriously..) or a pipe dream?

Hold on, why would a university give money to you when you haven't even made the effort to look at their institute? You would have to either have a brain the size of a planet, or an ego the size of a planet to be convinced this will actually work.

And the media coverage probably won't do you any favours.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
The thing is, any college that would actually be worth getting into has THOUSANDS of people begging for the opportunity. The number of people applying is more than the available scholarships by a huge margin, and more than the available spots by a considerable one. If you aren't going to go through the process they've got set up, there are plenty of people who will, they don't need you. And unless you've got some incredible talent that they can't find from anyone else (which, based on the fact that you haven't already been recruited, I'm going to assume isn't the case), they're not going to jump through any hoops for the incredible privilege of having you there. Even if you qualify for a full-ride academic or music scholarship they won't scout/recruit you, you have to apply and THEN they'll decide if you're worth their time/money. That's how it works; the university doesn't have to prove anything, it's been around for a hundred years or more. It's YOU that has to prove something to THEM.

TL;DR: No, it won't work. Unless your real goal is to look like an egomaniac, in which case it will. Which qualifies you for a VH1 dating show, but not for university admissions.
Quote by donender
Hold on, why would a university give money to you when you haven't even made the effort to look at their institute? You would have to either have a brain the size of a planet, or an ego the size of a planet to be convinced this will actually work.

And the media coverage probably won't do you any favours.

I thought about that, actually. I applied to 16 schools already and am involved in quite a bit of activities. So I can't really explore and apply to every school. Especially those far away.

If I actually did an idea like this, I'd phrase it by saying I'm doing this to get an opportunity to connect with colleges I did not get to reach with my college search, to have potential interests and possibilities I wouldn't have had otherwise.

It would be legit. Not TAKE ME I KICK ASS. Though I supposed with any idea like this there is a high degree of pompousness and being egotistical, no matter how you sugercoat it
Quote by Supafly1824
I thought about that, actually. I applied to 16 schools already and am involved in quite a bit of activities. So I can't really explore and apply to every school. Especially those far away.

If I actually did an idea like this, I'd phrase it by saying I'm doing this to get an opportunity to connect with colleges I did not get to reach with my college search, to have potential interests and possibilities I wouldn't have had otherwise.

It would be legit. Not TAKE ME I KICK ASS. Though I supposed with any idea like this there is a high degree of pompousness and being egotistical, no matter how you sugercoat it

Most schools have pretty good websites, you can get at least an idea of how they would fit your interests. Almost all of them will have an online application, or at least let you download an application and mail it in. I'd say that's a much better chance for success. And if you get accepted/offered a scholarship at a school that, after thinking on it/visiting, you don't want to go to, you can always turn it down.
Quote by catursly
take a hostage, gets their attention and chicks dig it.

Totally
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Supafly1824

Around here (England) they only let you apply for 5 universities maximum, university is roughly equivelent of college over there, you usually start college at 16 over here. Depending on what subject you are taking now, and what you plan on taking at college, the best thing yo can do to find out about good colleges is to talk to your teachers and ask for advice on good colleges and bad colleges, that is of course, if you actually have teachers you can talk to and not complete idiots.

If you did do this plan, they might not even take any notice, i mean, there would have to be a ton of advertising for it and as you said, it could be recieved the wrong way.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.