Hi,
I'm looking into buying a guitar that is advertised as a 2007 MIM strat but I noticed that the fender logo is in black instead of the usual silver and also the serial number is not present under the logo like it usually is. Is it possible that this is really a 2007 MIM strat? I've included some pictures below and asked the seller for the serial number, I'll post that when I find it out.

Thanks in advance for the help
Were there any markings on the back of the headstock or on the bolt-on plate?

On my Tele, the serial number is on the back of the headstock.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Last edited by bkmurff at Jan 1, 2010,
is it a standard mim strat? that looks like candy apple red?

it reminds me of a tex mex strat. maybe because of the coloring.

anyway, if it's a standard i think it's supposed to be silver with a sn on headstock.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
is it a standard mim strat? that looks like candy apple red?

it reminds me of a tex mex strat. maybe because of the coloring.

anyway, if it's a standard i think it's supposed to be silver with a sn on headstock.

I'm trying to figure out what it is exactly. What is a tex mex strat? I've never heard that term used before.
it's the pups they used in a certain strat.

here i found 08' vs 09' with headstock in candy apple with maple neck...

http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/stratocaster-discussion-forum/21129-mex-strats-08vs09.html

i'm still looking tho.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

here's a pre 2009 MIM standard in wine, coloring looks close on my lap top, but i still cant tell.
http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/stratocaster-discussion-forum/18468-fender-mim-fat-strat.html

again silver logo before 2009
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62