Hey everyone! So a little while ago I posted a thread about my amp "dying", well I've done some checks and I would still like some guidance. Here are the facts so far.

-It's a Peavey VK112 50w tube amp (2 6l6gc 3 12ax7)
-I've already swapped tubes and its still makes no sound.
-It's not even hissing when I turn it up loud.
-I slaved the effects loop send into another amp's front end and it picked it up so the preamp section must be fine.
-It's definitely the amp--the guitar/cable/pedal all operate on my practice amp.
-I checked the fuses in the amp--nothing is burnt or dangling inside.
-Looking at the amp chassis (solder side up, I cant see the actual capacitors/resistors) nothing seems to be burnt,loose or damaged( to my knowledge).
-It makes absolutely no sound unless I plug in my metal zone pedal and crank the volume on both the amp and pedal, then you can just barely hear the notes.
-Upon pulling both the preamp and the power tubes out, shaking them and listening for some sound, nothing is loose(filament),burnt or damaged(to my unexperienced eyes).
-Same problems apply to both channels and inputs.
-Spring Reverb is disconnected if that is of any importance.

Can anyone give me some guidance, please?
Thanks
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
From reading your past threads, it seems you hit a bump when you replaced the tubes.

Check your speaker wires, make sure they are connected.
Make sure tubes are pushed in fully.
If you have the free mods done, uninstall them and see if it makes sound.

Recheck the fuses, you may just have got dead tubes.

Also, ONE thread per same topic. Delete the "refining amp problem" one.
Hey dudey, if found your advice very helpful. I saw that the wires were connected properly, but curiosity got the best of me and I plugged them into a different speaker and it worked. I guess the speaker was the issue the whole time. A waste of tubes but at least the issue is no longer the mystery. Thank you, have an awesome new year.
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

The stock VK speaker is shit anyway.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by soul.power
The stock VK speaker is shit anyway.

Duly Noted
Quote by Twist of fate

Check the lead to the speaker, could be a faulty connector. Just disconnect it from the speaker end and test it's connectivity to the end of the plug with a multimeter.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Check the lead to the speaker, could be a faulty connector. Just disconnect it from the speaker end and test it's connectivity to the end of the plug with a multimeter.

I connected the connectors to another speaker and everything worked out, it's probably just the actual VK speaker.
Quote by Twist of fate