Hey guys n gals. I am new to this forum. I have been playing as a hobby for many years..want to jump back into it and have a chance to buy an ibanez rg170 or an esp/ltd m-100fm for 100.00. I would get both but can only afford 1. they are both in the same shape. I do play satriani and vai styles but also heavy metal,ect. The only reason I am leaning torward the ltd is do to the floyd rose. they both feel good. any input good or bad would be a great help! pros/cons of each!thanks,Rob
Ibanez is good, but if your looking for a decent fr, save up for a ibanez S series! Steve Vai and Satch both use ibanezes.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
I'm a fan of the LTD, I own the M-200FM but I've played the 100 quite a bit and I'd take it over the ibanez simply because generally speaking LTD necks are a little meatier and if you have big sasquatch hands like me it's more comfortable to hang on to. Plus I think ESP M's are just plan sexy :P
Up to you though, it would be best to play each and see which one you like. The quality of the hardware and pickups is going to be similar so the one that feels best will be a goer.
The floyd on the ltd is going to be garbage... anything under $500 isnt going to have a decent floater... go with the RG... with the ltd trem your going to get headaches from it and regrets from getting it later on trust me ive been there...
Ive owned 3 esp/ltd and currently own 1 and 6 ibanez's and there good guitars when you get into the mid- high end range but when considering the lower end stuff ibanez has a slight edge over ltd... i just find their low-ends to be really cheapy feeling, similar to a cort.
Last edited by Ital_Stal at Jan 2, 2010,
I too want to get an Ibanez as my hi-range guitar....but that's another thread i'll post soon...

I heard Ibaneses are like good for playing solos and fast riffs on...true or false?
Quote by GisleAune
I too want to get an Ibanez as my hi-range guitar....but that's another thread i'll post soon...

I heard Ibaneses are like good for playing solos and fast riffs on...true or false?

Ever heard John Petrucci (early), Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Satch?

Yes there good for soloing
thin neck
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
I really like the M-100FM, I got it last year and I loved it a load, stayed it tune real nice and is really good to play, but never tryed the Ibanez. Sadly the guitar shop ****ed it up, got it re-setup by someone who couldn't aparently :S.
Last edited by Skinny91 at Jan 2, 2010,
Well I decided to get the esp/ltd m-100fm...Got him to take 50 buck!!WOW! I cleaned it up a little..new strings..dressed fretboard/neck and boy do this thing surprise the hell outta me! It truly plays better than my old ibanez rg170..(that's why I was leaning towards the ibanez)..but I really was shocked!thanks for your input guys...Rob
i would stay away from a tremolo system on such a cheap guitar, chances are it wont hold tune very well.
Quote by Jackamedmos
i would stay away from a tremolo system on such a cheap guitar, chances are it wont hold tune very well.

Thats what i told him..

+11111111111111