Ive have gotten the firestudio project and am confused on how i should set it up with my setup. Everything is digital such as the electric drums, and two pods we use for guitar and bass. Im not sure which i would plug into the line or the active instrument inputs. So can the pods and the drums plug in the the regular line inputs or do they have to be the instrument inputs?
heres the firestudio interface...http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/PreSonus-FireStudio-Project?sku=241723
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I remember my mum and dad went out to the cinema, and when they were driving home they looked to their left and a guy in a gorilla suit was in the passenger seat of the car next to them, waving at them You should keep it just for that.

^ROFL
You're probably alright plugging them all into line level inputs, but read the manual and see what it recommends putting in the different types of inputs. I'm sure it has examples of when each would be useful.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
The maunual says "dont plug a line level source into the two instrument inputs" but i do not know if the pods putput are line level outputs.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I remember my mum and dad went out to the cinema, and when they were driving home they looked to their left and a guy in a gorilla suit was in the passenger seat of the car next to them, waving at them You should keep it just for that.

^ROFL
If the pod outputs can be used for routing to a PA system, then they're line level. Instrument inputs are for when you plug just a guitar or bass in, because the instrument alone doesn't produce a strong signal. That way, the instrument one boosts your signal so it's level with the rest. The pod has already compensated for that, and will be too strong for the instrument inputs. Use line level.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Ok, thankyou!
One more question...Is it the same for the drums? I mean they seem to have the same kind of output.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

^ROFL
Yeah, they're definitely line level.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass