Page 1 of 4
I am totally fascinated with abandoned places like hospitals and stuff that were shut down a long time ago. For example,

This is was a place here in MD until some jackasses torched it. Very creepy, very dark, but very awesome.

Know of any places by you?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
No, but I would love to find some abandoned "haunted" place and adventure through it and do some paranormal activity studies in it.
There's a closed down hospital about 15 minutes from where I live, and I've heard stories from friends who live near it that it's haunted. It's been closed for years but supposedly they haven't taken out any of the furnishings except for the medical instruments and lighting. All the desks and doors and such are still intact, and they said it's really creepy at night and the fact that everything is still there makes it even scarier.
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black puck with sticks.

Quote by Tire Me.
Dumbledore wasn't the only headmaster that night.
those look like they could be really scary "when you see it" pictures.

anyone ever watch ghost adventures? they go through places like this, but the main host guy is a douchebag.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Waverly Hills at one point was pretty insane. Nothing around here though. Also, Urbex FTW!
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
why do you go at daytime and take lame pictures?
I'm the devil i love metal
Is that the Glenn Dale hospital? Lol. I lived in Maryland for a while, but never had the chance to check it out. BUT there is an abandoned military hospital near where I'm living now, along with a motel and a good few other buildings. It's pretty awesome going in there sometimes.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by blizzboy
Is that the Glenn Dale hospital? Lol. I lived in Maryland for a while, but never had the chance to check it out. BUT there is an abandoned military hospital near where I'm living now, along with a motel and a good few other buildings. It's pretty awesome going in there sometimes.

No the original part of Rosewood. Glenn Dale is too hot with security now. I've heard they actually have a security station set up in front of the property and make patrol rounds all day and night. I've also heard they use K9 units but idk about that one
Ibanez AEL 12-string

I don't want to admit this to anyone lol, but I spend my weekends checking out empty or old places. I use Google maps looking for places and check old OS maps and try and find odd/strange/empty structures. There's even a few forums dedicated to it.

Tomorrow I'm checking out this place ;

Quote by bjovi400
No the original part of Rosewood. Glenn Dale is too hot with security now. I've heard they actually have a security station set up in front of the property and make patrol rounds all day and night. I've also heard they use K9 units but idk about that one

I didn't realize they stepped it up so much with security. They did something like that with the hospital here for a while, when they realized people started going in there almost every night. They put locks on all the doors. But, of course, they didn't see the gigantic open window 5 feet away from one of the newly locked doors
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by Micehorns
I don't want to admit this to anyone lol, but I spend my weekends checking out empty or old places. I use Google maps looking for places and check old OS maps and try and find odd/strange/empty structures. There's even a few forums dedicated to it.

Where you are, is there security at these places? because here, they seriously crack down on you if they catch you snooping around.

btw i sent you a friend request.
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Quote by Micehorns

Whereabouts is that?

I always fancied going down to the Botanic Gardens station but I heard it's being turned into a nightclub or something along those lines.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Funny you mention that. There is a "haunted" house supposedly on the beach and I was there tonight with some friends. We heard doors upstairs closing and opening and people whispering. When we left, lights on the 2nd story turned on.

There's also a few places downtown too.
I stopped by Henryton State in Carroll county to scope out how to get in, and i stopped by an old pig sty to look around and some guy pulled up. I was crappin myself thinkin he was security because the sty is sort of close to the hospital and it turns out he was just parking to go in the hospital and get copper! before then he asked if i had any weed. lol
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Quote by bjovi400
Where you are, is there security at these places? because here, they seriously crack down on you if they catch you snooping around.

btw i sent you a friend request.

I have a few backup plans to get into places. My friend who I go with is an electrical engineer for the Council (the people who maintain most buildings in the city), so drive in the official work vans and wearing the official uniforms. 2 years back we got past the security barrier to take pictures of a building that was coming down in 5 minutes and we got to watch it with the official demo people, closer than the public

If that fails, phone up the people who own the place. Seriously, 90% of the time they'll happily let you in with a key. Just say you're an urban explorer/photographer.

Here's the picture of that building btw.
If anyone else shares the hobby, post some pics!

I might post some more tomorrow
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Look up Weston (sp?) state hospital. It's in West Virginia so depending on what part of Md you're from then it may be a nice road trip for you. It's currently being renovated but they still do ghost and regular tours in the Summer.

*edit* It was on Scariest Places on earth a few years back.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
Love this kinda thing, especially the kind of photography opportunities that these places provide

Also in MD, not taken by me. And as potentially dangerous as this place is, I've always wanted to go and explore it. Opacity.us is really cool for this kind of thing.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Last edited by sadSTATUE at Jan 1, 2010,
where in MD is that?!?
Ibanez AEL 12-string

This thread needs more pictures , thanks to the people who have posted pictures.

These pictures aren't mine, I will one day get pictures.

Cardross Seminary Building ; A building for training priests.

(Invalid img)

The stairs.

The front of it. 60's Brutalism

After all those years and countless fires, the solid marble alter is still standing.
More of Rosewood

Ibanez AEL 12-string

Quote by bjovi400
where in MD is that?!?

Glenn Dale, the old TB sanitarium. But there are cops on the premises at pretty much all times.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Myrtles Plantaation is outside Baton Rouge right?...

Anyway The Haldeman Mansion in Bainbridge, PA It is definitely haunted and I was there for a christmas gig and after everyone left it was just me and my friend and I was never more creeped out in my life...

http://www.haldemanmansion.org/photogallery/yappa-ng/index.php?album=%2FHaldeman_Mansion

Edit: working link: http://s963.photobucket.com/albums/ae115/av328/Haldeman%20Mansion%20snow/

the second are pictures that i took myself... enjoy!
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
Last edited by 1avatar328 at Jan 1, 2010,
i've always wanted to go urban exploring, but never have. do you know any other good places in MD or Northern VA?
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
My city (Victoria, BC) has an apparent network of tunnels under downtown. Some of these were for opium smuggling at the turn of the century, and some say they make out a pentagram, given the large satanic nature of the city. It's difficult to find any hard evidence about it.

If any Victorians are reading, there's apparently boarded-up routes under The Patch and near the Budget car rental place. There's also that old building near the Johnson street bridge that apparently connects to a lot of tunnels, or so meth heads will tell you. Ross Bay cemetery apparently has sepulchers that have crazy tunnels, but that could be something out of Michell Remembers. I dunno, it sounds awesome, but I figure most of it is urban legend.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
My town has a lot of tunnels underneath it (who the hell knows why...) and one of the buildings downtown had an entrance to it (one of the last few) until it was sealed off by brick/mortar.

A town over there's an abandom asylum/hospital that goes underground. terrible shit happened there. I'm not so sure about the security, but I doubt i'd go anyway.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I live less then 4 hours away from Waverly Hills
GO RAVENS!

Quote by Ssargentslayer
Waaaait....

Did you just say you can't rape?

2012 NFL Thread Mock Draft Champion
Sanatarium... leave me be. Sanatarium... just leave me alone
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by bass-man9712
Sanatarium... leave me be. Sanatarium... just leave me alone

I thought I was the only one
GO RAVENS!

Quote by Ssargentslayer
Waaaait....

Did you just say you can't rape?

2012 NFL Thread Mock Draft Champion
The Ghost Town Tahawus or Adirondac

Tahawus

Not an old asylum or the like, but just an old town that was shut down...??? Don't know when. In the Adirondacks of NY, actually at the alternate trail to Mt.Marcy.
I took all of these pics last spring IIRC. I went with a couple friends and a forest ranger gave us a brief rundown on the history, function, etc. If you google "Tahawus" you can find a bunch of info on the town itself. But here's the album anyway, some pics of old houses and the blast furnace.
Last edited by sybil at Jan 2, 2010,
Page 1 of 4