Superstrat body
Budget: $1,500 USD
Frets: 24
Scale: 25 1/2
Pickups: HH with coil tap or HSH, preferably cheap pickups (going to replace them anyway)
Body wood: Not really sure, leaning towards alder
Neck: Thin, but not too thin
Fretboard: Maple or rosewood, preferably rw
Trem: Locking
Most importantly, the build quality needs to be high

Now I found that the RG3550MZ and the RG3570Z follow these specs VERY closely (especially the budget they are $1,499 ), but I keep hearing that Ibanez and especially the RG series is becoming sort of a "bandwagon" thing. Plus, the Super Wizard feels a little thin. Also I'm not sure about the basswood, as its quality usually varies greatly, although the JS uses basswood. And the whole metal attachment to RGs turn me off. I play instrumental rock/fusion, like a combination of Shawn Lane/Satch/Vai (obviously not as good). I also realize that this sounds like a huge freaking custom order, but if somebody could help me out, that would be great.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Look at Charvel, they've got very nice build quality, and they don't all look like they can impale you.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
if your going for a superstrat, which are my favorite guitars too, $1500 is a good budget to start with, i wouldnt be fooled with any of the commercial guitars, such as jacksons or ibanezes. Emgs can be worth it, but they are inconsistent in my opinion. A lot of companies that make really nice superstrats are not as commercial because superstrats are not the most popular guitars around (it is not the 80's). I can give u some brands that i have heard and think wonderous things about, and then you can take it from there (Products, models, etc.). I will continue to post more brands, as i do not have a list, so i will have to go to my memory, and magazines, but off the top of my mind, i would say: Suhr Guitars, Tyler Guitars, Charvel, and Kramer. Like i said, there are many other great ones, but i just dont remember them now, if i remember anymore, i will post them
Can't think of any $1500 guitars that come with cheap pups.....if they do then the mfg should be shot.

A used Made in USA Washburn Mercury is a killer superstrat that's a bit off the beaten path.
don't allow the Ibanez labels to fool you. I'm an avid Ibanez player myself and I love my RG. their playability is very comfortable and they have a good sound. There's a reason a lot of the best players use them (Vai, Satriani, Gilbert, Petrucci [used to]). So i say go for the RGs if thats what suits your needs. there are a lot of other models with the specs you want that dont have a basswood body. check out the Ibanez website.

I'm also a big Parker guitars fan too but they are definately not your super-strat style bodies. to me they look awesome. theyre a little more expensive but their tone is unbeatable. look into those too if you want.
TALK TO GOD HERE --->

ME:
So you're gonna end the world soon?
GOD:
Interesting deduction. That was my original intention.
ME:
Well don't.
GOD:
Well that's okay. OK I will not.

Earth's fate saved in sig = EPIC WIN!!!
Quote by webwarmiller
Can't think of any $1500 guitars that come with cheap pups.....if they do then the mfg should be shot.

A used Made in USA Washburn Mercury is a killer superstrat that's a bit off the beaten path.

It's not really that I don't want good pickups. It's just that I'd much rather pay for a quality guitar with crap pickups than vice versa.

Wtf that ESP just disappeared haha
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by theacousticpunk
Look at Charvel, they've got very nice build quality, and they don't all look like they can impale you.

I'm going to have to go with this guy. You'll definitely what you want in a Charvel
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
I'll check out Charvel then

Any other recommendations?
Quote by blackflag49

There's a used Yamaha RGX421DM on musicgoround.com for only $119 which is a freaking steal. Best neck of ANY guitar I've every played (Mine is my #1) and it has yamaha's exclusive height adjustable locking nut. The trem is a TRS-Pro which is an OK licensed floyd....post spacing is the same as an OFR if you want to swap it out.

http://musicgoround.com/detail.aspx?id=896945
http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail.html?CNTID=251
Quote by bingeandletgo
Superstrat body
Budget: $1,500 USD
Frets: 24
Scale: 25 1/2
Pickups: HH with coil tap or HSH, preferably cheap pickups (going to replace them anyway)
Body wood: Not really sure, leaning towards alder
Neck: Thin, but not too thin
Fretboard: Maple or rosewood, preferably rw
Trem: Locking
Most importantly, the build quality needs to be high

Now I found that the RG3550MZ and the RG3570Z follow these specs VERY closely (especially the budget they are $1,499 ), but I keep hearing that Ibanez and especially the RG series is becoming sort of a "bandwagon" thing. Plus, the Super Wizard feels a little thin. Also I'm not sure about the basswood, as its quality usually varies greatly, although the JS uses basswood. And the whole metal attachment to RGs turn me off. I play instrumental rock/fusion, like a combination of Shawn Lane/Satch/Vai (obviously not as good). I also realize that this sounds like a huge freaking custom order, but if somebody could help me out, that would be great.

You could try having one custom built to those specs from a luthier who is known for building quality stuff & you get to pick every part he uses in it. Thats an awesome budget so any higher end models from any top renowned manufactures will live up to their name. You could also try looking into some less popular brands as well but the resale value may be less if ya unlucky, but really you won't go wrong with any higher end axe at that price. Just pick the model that suits your playing style, don't limit yourself to one particular brand & try it before buying it.
Carvin man. Probably the best build quality to price ratio. They're all custom made in America. You might be able to get something made for you for $1500.
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by lunaticfringe93
Carvin man. Probably the best build quality to price ratio. They're all custom made in America. You might be able to get something made for you for $1500.

I've always thought of Carvin as an amp company more than anything haha. Seems really good. Their top (most expensive) model I think doesn't even go above $1,500! Luckily, a Carvin dealer is about 5 miles away from my GC. I'll try them out
Quote by blackflag49

Quote by bingeandletgo
I've always thought of Carvin as an amp company more than anything haha. Seems really good. Their top (most expensive) model I think doesn't even go above $1,500! Luckily, a Carvin dealer is about 5 miles away from my GC. I'll try them out

yeah and if they don't have what you're looking for then you could probably get an appraisal for something with all the features you want in your price range. Also, Carvin guitars are way better than Carvin amps.
UG's Prodigal Son
That's good to know because I love their amps
Quote by blackflag49

I would look into Carvin as well. Their website is fun too, you can put together all sorts of different combinations.
Quote by bingeandletgo
Superstrat body
Also I'm not sure about the basswood, as its quality usually varies greatly, although the JS uses basswood..

I thought the same thing till I tried a basswood RG (can't remember the model number but i know it was a cheaper one) basswood is actually really really nice XD crisp overdrive and nice cleans, and correct me if i'm wrong but i think Vai used a basswood JEM at one point
^ Ok then the RG basswood is good. I believe Vai used the basswood JEM777 in 1987-1993

Quote by potatohead_33
I would look into Carvin as well. Their website is fun too, you can put together all sorts of different combinations.

I'm having fun already haha. I managed to make a pretty standard DC400 for $1,418. One more guitar to choose from *sigh*

EDIT: With a Floyd Rose of course...
Quote by blackflag49