alright so here's the low down...
right now im running a tele into a Marshall JCM 600 and Spider 3 both with 4x12 cabs and i a/b the heads, i use the marshall for clean and the spider 3 for the overdriven stuff.
don't judge me on the spider 3, it was my first half stack and i just use what i have and i know how terrible it is.
in the end i would like to be running the jcm 600 with another head into a mesa oversized 4x12 and 2x12 cab or into some 1960's and a/b the heads?
so what head would be great for some straight up modern distortion?
basically i will be selling the spider 3 head and cab and will have about 500 to spend ontop of that?
a blink 182 type sound
thanks.
Rig:
Fender USA 2006 Telecaster
Fender USA 1973 Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider 3 HD150
Spider 4x12 cab
MXR Dual Octave rack eq
Zoom GFX-3 Multi-effects pedal
Aria Cool Vibe chorus pedal
Marshall MG

Or if you're on a budget, Raven RG100H

Nah, just kidding. It really shouldn't be too hard to find the sound you're after. Anything with some decent gain on it that doesn't sound like a fuzz box will get you a Blink-sounding tone. Mess with the settings on whatever amp you are using to get a nice crunch-punch sound, shouldn't be too much of a hassle to match it up.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
For pop punk, i would try to find a used Vox AC30, or Marshall 800/900/2000. A peavey classic 30 head will also work.

Also i would think the JCM 600 would be able to do what your want already?
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Last edited by Major Sparky at Jan 2, 2010,
Grab yourself somthing like a Mesa DC, that should contrast nicely with the Marshall.

I'd ditch the Spider completely for now and run a distortion pedal into your JCM600, it'll sound much better.
Something like a Tube Screamer in front of the Marshall should get you a decent modern punk sound. And play with the gain settings and tone controls. Throw the Line 6 away. No self respecting punk would use computer simulation, the other punks at the pub will chuck shit at you. It just aint right.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by drewfromutah
Tom uses two amps. Marshall JCM900 on clean channel with gain at 10, and a Mesa Triple Rectifier on it's dirty channel with the gain on 10.

This.

That was his old rig though, he now uses 2 Vox AC30s for his distortion and 2 Fender '65 Twin Reverbs for his cleans. However, getting the JCM900 or one of the Mesa Rectos might get you a sound closer to his (hell, maybe even exactly like his).

You could also look into a Bogner Alchemist. I played one at Best Buy and got a pretty decent pop punk tone out of it. However for a 40W tube amp it's kinda overpriced ($1250). I think Guitar Center has them on sale currently- I could be wrong though.

EDIT: I shouldn't have mentioned the JCM900, since you already have the 600. Definitely look into the Mesa Rectos though.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at Jan 2, 2010,