Heres my situation. I have a Mesa 2x12 cab that I love and use as my main cab for shows and home playing. The problem is that I hate lugging that 75lb thing to and from practice, so I am looking at getting another practice/backup cab to leave at the prac spot.

Since it may be used as a backup, I want it to be a decent cab. I also don't want to go too overboard either, so I am just looking for a 1x12. I have been thinking about the following

Orange, Egnater, Avatar, Mesa,---all 1x12's.

I am only looking at spending $300 max preferably used, as cabs aren't the most fun things to buy. The problem is that I am having the hardest time finding these used on ebay,CL, Guitar Ctr, etc.

Do you guys know any good places to find used stuff, or have any suggestions on cabs???
If you have the time and skills, just build one. I can pull up a link to the plans Mesa uses for their EVM loaded 1X12.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
If you have the time and skills, just build one. I can pull up a link to the plans Mesa uses for their EVM loaded 1X12.

This would the smartest idea. You could save yourself a good chunk on money and have a really nice sounding cab if you do it right.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by mmolteratx

Good idea, and I really wish I had the skills to do this, but I unfortunately don't. Maybe one day....
are you sure the weight difference between the 2x12 and the 1x12 is going to be drastically different enough to warrant the purchase?
The new Jet City line has a nice deal, 200 bucks for the one by twelve cab. It sounds absolutely brilliant through the JCA20H, but I dunno about your gear. Just lug in what ever head you're using to GC and plug it in.

Or, build one yourself as those above me have suggested. If you aren't to keen on that idea, the JCA is a good deal.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by AkiraSpectrum
are you sure the weight difference between the 2x12 and the 1x12 is going to be drastically different enough to warrant the purchase?

The main reason I am looking for a 1x12 is because I plan on leaving the new cab at the practice spot and not having to drag my Mesa back and forth
I'd keep an eye out for an Orange 1x12...or you could buy an unloaded cabinet and buy a speaker of your choice. I got an AB custom 1x12 for my Night Train...put an Eminence Man O War in it. It's actually a well-built cabinet. That route will definitely be under $300.
If you are just leaving the cab in one spot, don't limit yourself to a 1x12.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Actually, you can get a V30 loaded Avatar 1X12 Contemporary for $249 plus $29 shipping. I'd go that route.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Found a used Avatar 2x12 in mint condition with Vintage 30's for $265 shipped from a GC store in another state. I jumped all over it!
Dude, try carrying around a 4x12. Anyway check out the blackstar 1x12's or orange ones

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm