I actually liked the verse quite a bit, but you need to vary it up. Theres not much singing going on at all, its basically all spoken.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
With that, there's not much to say about your singing, since you didn't really sing. It was mainly just spoken to a rhythm. You should actually think about doing melodies, and trying to get some resonance, so it actually sounds like singing. Unless of course you want the speech sound, which in that case your doing fine.
We can't tell how your voice was because you didn't sing. Like 60 percent of singing is nerves. So maybe cover a song or sing to your original and just close your eyes and belt it out. Then we can tell what your singing voice sounds like.
Quote by doofus41
k but how did my voice sound...
good/bad??

Your voice sounded fine for speaking, but that doesn't mean anything about what it would be like when you sing. I think the song would sound better though with singing rather than speech.
Quote by Mekchrious
We can't tell how your voice was because you didn't sing. Like 60 percent of singing is nerves. So maybe cover a song or sing to your original and just close your eyes and belt it out. Then we can tell what your singing voice sounds like.

no offense, but i'm not talkin about how my goddam singing voice sounds, just my voice on this particular song. ie, does it work with the song, is it pleasing to the ears, etc.
Well no its not pleasing to the ears and no it doesn't work with the song because you are not singin.
I like your voice alot, it reminds of ancient rites, just its a bit monotonic, switch between this voice and screams/grunts if you can,
Quote by doofus41
no offense, but i'm not talkin about how my goddam singing voice sounds, just my voice on this particular song. ie, does it work with the song, is it pleasing to the ears, etc.

well no offense, but all you're doing is talking into a microphone and anyone could do that, what's there to critique on?
and you made the vocals REALLY quiet in the mix, like you're trying to hide your voice but at the same time you're asking how it sounds? don't quite get what you want here.
I liked that song. The voice works well but it gets old. You should switch it up shortly into the song.
Quote by doofus41

It would have worked for maybe a verse. A song that's essentially entirely spoken word with generic metal riffs, and little dynamic variation is boring. This isn't an exception. Not to mention you drowned your voice in the mix. I could barely even hear your speaking.

It sounded....fine? I guess?
Honestly, I don't think the vocals fit at all. It sounds like a lame attempt at sounding "brutal", and it sounds like you're as bored with the song as we are.

You need to actually sing for it to sound pleasant in any way. Even (good) screamers / growlers sing a melody while doing their vocals. Spoken word is fine in moderation, but not for an entire song.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
This isn't going anywhere, and the TS is bordering on trolling. He asks for feedback, gets honest and objective feedback that wasn't the slightest bit scathing, and then gets p!ssed off when he insists they answer the impossible.

I was going to lock it, but sometimes it's fun just to see where things will go if you don't.

Know what I mean?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.