Well I am considering buying a Mesa Boogie F-30. I play various styles, so I want an amplifier that is versatile. I hear these amps are. I would like an amplifier that can be as heavy as Tool and Metallica, yet as soft and bluesy as Santana, SRV, and John Mayer, and something in between such as Pink Floyd.(the songs Time, and Comfortably Numb) I barely heard of this amp two days ago so I do not know much. I hear they were discontinued, and the Express series was what proceeded it. I love those amps. For those who own, or have tested these amps, do you think this amp will fit the above genres?

As always, I am thankful and appreciate all the help I receive from the UG community.
The Express excels more at the lower gain stuff and the F-30 will destroy it in high gain. It can get good tones for what you want, but it certainly has more of an emphasis on the heavier side.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The Express excels more at the lower gain stuff and the F-30 will destroy it in high gain. It can get good tones for what you want, but it certainly has more of an emphasis on the heavier side.

Thank you sir.
Quote by MatrixClaw

+1

from what i can remember (they've been discontinued, and i haven't tried them for a couple of years), the f series had nice cleans, and nice high gain, but not much in-between, while the express had nicer mid-gain tones but not as good high gain.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1

from what i can remember (they've been discontinued, and i haven't tried them for a couple of years), the f series had nice cleans, and nice high gain, but not much in-between, while the express had nicer mid-gain tones but not as good high gain.

So yes good metal amp ( good enough for Tool/Metallica), and in your opinion, good for Santana tone? If my memory serves me correctly the tone can be achieved with a lot of treble and not to much bass on the express.
i can hardly remember... i'm not sure if it's creamy enough for santana, but i doubt i was trying to dial in that exact tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?