So Im using a Vox AD15 valvetronix amp and I was wondering what would be better getting, a footswitch or a pedal? Ive heard if you have a crappy amp your pedal no matter what will sound bad. so is my amp good enough to handle a pedal or should i just go with the footswitch?
how often do u really switch channels? is a footswitch really necessary to u?

what pedal were u thinking of getting? a valvetronix amp should have every kind of a effect u would need except wah i guess.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
What type of pedal are you referring to? That's a modelling amp, so if you can get the sounds you want out of, get the footswitch, which by the way looks like this:

So you can have many different sounds setup at the step of a button

Whatever pedal you want to get for the amp, I highly recomend to try it out first, with the same model amp. The tricky part is, it's a modelling amp, so try the pedal on the various different models available.

But firstly, see if you can get the sound you want out of the amp, and if so, footswitch
a used line 6 uber metal for 30 bucks. would i get a better distortion from the pedal or the footswitch?
better is %100 up to u. youtube or try the pedal and compare it to ur amp. but honestly, thats a good deal and i would probably do it. but thats me, i didnt care for the valvetronix's distortion at all.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by Ranelbau
a used line 6 uber metal for 30 bucks. would i get a better distortion from the pedal or the footswitch?

Do you like the distortion from the Valvetronix? That's the main issue here. At least, if you get the pedal, you still have your amp distortion anyhow. Really, it's up to your personal tastes.