Plenty of bands give music away for free and I find it quite suprising that we don't have a thread where we share what we find and help the bands and artists spread their music as well as give each other something new to listen to at no cost.

Obviously, keep it legal.
Also, this isn't the place to debate about the morality of torrenting and illegal music downloads so keep that sort of stuff out of it.

My contribution for now:
Rootz Underground - Alive. A decent roots reggae album absolutely free.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by tyler_j
I got a lot of cool ones from here.

I love you.

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Quote by guitaruboy
myspace.com/paulgriffinproject

all his songs are downloadable

Change your avatar!
RIP Tom Searle.
TS, you should compile all the contributions into your original post and sort it by genre or something, that way we can easily find stuff we like.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
my electronic stuff's all free download
http://www.last.fm/music/Bleeding+Stump/Promo+Summer+2009

http://soundcloud.com/echaskech
echaskech have some good free mixes also

Quote by fail
TS, you should compile all the contributions into your original post and sort it by genre or something, that way we can easily find stuff we like.

agreed.
Quote by fail

I need to go shopping so I will try and do that when I get back although I might not have time until a fair bit later.

To make it easier, could everyone who has posted or going to post say what genre of music their contribution is?
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I