Hey there
I just bought got a dunlop heil talkbox for christmas and I'm heaps stoked about it.
I haven't set it up yet as I have a vox ac30cc2, and i know that they weren't made for combo amps.

I was wondering if I bought a speaker cabinet to go with the combo, the combo would just act like a normal head and I would be able to use the talkbox without frying my vox.

Any reccomendations or suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Happy new year.
You'll need a mic, mic stand, and pa system to use it how it's meant. Plugging it into a cab will only make it act as a head but not with the talkbox effect.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
sorry i should of made it clearer,
I own the talk box, I know I have to have the mic and mic stand and all that,
but to actually connect the talkbox it says you need some kind of speaker cabinet as an output, it says on dunlops website that the talkbox is not reccomended for combo amps.
I wanted to know if i plugged a cabinet in, would my combo amp just act like a head and it wouldn't blow up my amp.
i always thought you need a seperate amp for the output of a talk-box......(never owned one btw, don`t wanna lose my fillings)
I'm guessing there is a possibility of it damaging your amp since you'd have a current, one that's strong enough to power a cab, going into your amp that's already powered. Anyway, why would you want to do this? All the talkbox does when plugged into a cab is sound like a regular distorted head depending on how much gain you dial into it.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.