Poll: what pickups would be better?
Poll Options
View poll results: what pickups would be better?
EMGS
9 30%
Dimarzios
11 37%
S Duncans
10 33%
Voters: 30.
i have an ibanez rg570 and i got it used, it has some body dings, not bad, but the trem is all messed up, and i want to put new pickups in it, any ideas? i basically want to make this guitar to play heavy but still be able to distinguish different notes, and get a good trem so it stays in tune no matter what happens

here's a pic of the body

You probably just want the trem set up, unless it's really wrecked. Replacing it is probably a waste of time/effort.
I'd put a Duncan in the bridge, and DiMarzio's in the middle and neck.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Quote by Ali-b912
You probably just want the trem set up, unless it's really wrecked. Replacing it is probably a waste of time/effort.

the trems really messed up its missing a screw for the fine tuners, and when i hit the g sting, i hear a loud buzzing noise come from the trem?? i think it might be bad
Quote by bophamet
the trems really messed up its missing a screw for the fine tuners, and when i hit the g sting, i hear a loud buzzing noise come from the trem?? i think it might be bad

could just be bad setup. if you don't know what you're doing i'd recommend taking to your local guitar tech. also, the bolt for the fine tuner shouldn't be too hard to replace.
im not sure but mines is doing that too .. i never really noticed it untill like 2 hours ago. if you find out could you please tell me .. if i find something i will let you know as well ..

Ok so this guy in the forum said how to Fix it .. that helps me out .. As for you it depends on how badly you want it fixed .. do you know what/how to do it .. what i mean is if your not confident in your repair ability you can always take it to guitar center or somewhere and have them do .it ,, yes coast money .. and no im not sure really how much ..
X2N.
hellz yeah.
other than that, idk.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
If you do get rid of that bridge an throw it out, I call dibs on it
My Rig:
American Standard Telecaster
Fender Starcaster
Sp. Edition Jack Daniels Strat (Modded)
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
Pedalboard (from a shelf )
the odd pedal
Quote by Mandeep
could just be bad setup. if you don't know what you're doing i'd recommend taking to your local guitar tech. also, the bolt for the fine tuner shouldn't be too hard to replace.

yeah ive done some looking on ebay and the screw i can get pretty cheap. and i did figure out what was wrong
Quote by thiru
im not sure but mines is doing that too .. i never really noticed it untill like 2 hours ago. if you find out could you please tell me .. if i find something i will let you know as well ..

Ok so this guy in the forum said how to Fix it .. that helps me out .. As for you it depends on how badly you want it fixed .. do you know what/how to do it .. what i mean is if your not confident in your repair ability you can always take it to guitar center or somewhere and have them do .it ,, yes coast money .. and no im not sure really how much ..

i had found out what it was in mine, the string lock block in the saddle wasn't secure all the way and was causing the string to buzz against it, i hope that helps
i took off the old neck and put on this one with reverse headstock and dark sawtooth inlays and now the headstock texture matchs the body of satin

ive now upgraded the trem also, i bought a licensed floyd from ebay and it works alot better then the old

and i put the old one on my rg220 cus it had a crappy speed loader that never stayed tuned (i sold it to get money for the new) but the old trem is on it now

now all i need is some new pickups, maybe some help, cus im on a budget
which will be best for the smallest amount of money?
Quote by metal-matt
X2N.
hellz yeah.
other than that, idk.

Hellz to the yeah! X2N in the bridge, and PAF Pro, or PAF Joe in the neck are good combos with the X2N. I also have heard good things about D-Activators.
ive been concidering the X2N, because my friend has a purple one in his green guitar which doesnt only look cool but sounds nice. i havent heard anything about the PAF pickups before, what are they like?
and ive heard many good things about D-Activators also