im outgrowing my current amp and am in need of something powerful enough to play school hall sized venues.

i play for my local church so we do a wide range of genre's from heavy rock to slow traditional gospel music. so the amp needs to be very versitile, but as we have a keyboardist the amp can be more built to the heavier side. it also needs to be easily movable as we dont own the hall.

cheers.
i just got a vox ad50vt, sounds like itd be perfect for your situtation. 50 watts, gets pretty loud, tube power output, digital effects and amp models. very versatile
My Gear:

Ibanez SR505 Bass
Crate B150 Bass Amp
Epiphone G310 Guitar
VOX AD50VT Amp
Ovation GC057 Acoustic
Rocktron Classic Wah
Digitech Death Metal Distortion
BOSS DD3 Digital Delay
mesa lonestar. seriously my favorite amp. with the addition of an overdrive to boost it, it can do brutal metal tones. without the od, it can do anything else.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
digital effects will be wasted as i have a boss gt-10 pedal which covers all my tones and effects.

an MG??? really?

mesa amps ive been a fan of, ill check out a lonestar if the local store has them.
It would help if we knew your budget. Do you need an effects loop? Do you mind multiple channels? Would you like a head/cab or combo amplifier? MIDI capabilities? What kind of sound are you looking to achieve? You can nail pretty much any tone from the American/German style of amps as well as more British voiced amps. It's all a matter of what you prefer.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
well, budget is something ill consider depending on amps, but id happily spend NZ$2500 for something really great thatl last for yonks.

effects loops and all done in the GT-10, multiple channels are done in the GT-10 and i can run effects loops off the GT-10 if need be, but as i have already setup most of the tones and effects i need on this unit, what i want is an amp that can make the most out of all the different genre's we cover (as i mentioned above in my original post) which also covers the sound im looking to achieve, because again the genre's we cover change so much. take this Sunday for example, were doing a very upbeat new aged rock song, a progressive rock song which means i use synthesisers and a range of effects, then onto a couple of more R&B type gospel songs.

sorry to be so long winded there man.
Quote by HKSR33
well, budget is something ill consider depending on amps, but id happily spend NZ$2500 for something really great thatl last for yonks.

effects loops and all done in the GT-10, multiple channels are done in the GT-10 and i can run effects loops off the GT-10 if need be, but as i have already setup most of the tones and effects i need on this unit, what i want is an amp that can make the most out of all the different genre's we cover (as i mentioned above in my original post) which also covers the sound im looking to achieve, because again the genre's we cover change so much. take this Sunday for example, were doing a very upbeat new aged rock song, a progressive rock song which means i use synthesisers and a range of effects, then onto a couple of more R&B type gospel songs.

sorry to be so long winded there man.

Are you running your GT-10 for preamp tones and effects then? You should maybe consider running that thing through a standalone power amp or a P.A. and FRFR speakers if you're going down that route.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
yeah, i pretty much go from guitar to GT-10 to my amp, then into a mic to the sound desk.

we did look into running the gt-10 into a DI box to the sound desk like you mentioned, but the main issue is our monitor speakers not giving good balance, as most my sound comes direct from the amp, and the house speakers are used to fill the sound levels of the guitar if it needs to be adjusted, and my amp also helps keep monitors less cluttered with instruments coming through them on stage and makes getting a good sound for the band easier. our sound tech is still learning their stuff so for now this way is a bit easier on everybody.
Quote by HKSR33
yeah, i pretty much go from guitar to GT-10 to my amp, then into a mic to the sound desk.

we did look into running the gt-10 into a DI box to the sound desk like you mentioned, but the main issue is our monitor speakers not giving good balance, as most my sound comes direct from the amp, and the house speakers are used to fill the sound levels of the guitar if it needs to be adjusted, and my amp also helps keep monitors less cluttered with instruments coming through them on stage and makes getting a good sound for the band easier. our sound tech is still learning their stuff so for now this way is a bit easier on everybody.

Get an with a lot of headroom (high wattage) and an effects loop. Run the GT-10 via 4 cable method. That would make the most out of your pedal without running directly in the board imho.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
so id run guitar to amp to gt-10 in effects loop back to amp then out to desk?
Quote by HKSR33
so id run guitar to amp to gt-10 in effects loop back to amp then out to desk?

No the GT-10 would be run like a pedal in front of the amp as well as in the loop via the 4 cable method. Look it up, it should be in the manual.

Basically you'd run your guitar into GT-10 into amp. The GT-10 would also be plugged into the effects loop so you can take advantage of the amp models and modulation effects without as much coloration from the amp.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
sweet man, ill have a good look into this. thanks alot for your info and pointers.
Quote by HKSR33
sweet man, ill have a good look into this. thanks alot for your info and pointers.

No problem man.

You could try other ways too, whatever sounds good you know?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
yeah, it still doesn't get around my current amp has no balls now that we need to go louder, hahaha, but at least i got some new things to try out, just reading now it seems sound quality improves quite a bit with the 4 cable method, so that's always a big bonus.
LINE6 SPIDER III

has clean,crunch,metal and insane settings on amp
Sarcasm is beautiful, think about it.
Quote by DIV ON!
LINE6 SPIDER III

Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Hellooooooo 4 cable method. With a good amp you want that GT-10 to be practically invisible. I don't really like any of the preamps on my GT-8 that aren't strictly for cleans. They could be used interestingly as boosts though as long as you're relying on your amp's natural overdrive.