Page 1 of 3
#1
Taken from BBC:

Danish police have shot and wounded a man at the home of Kurt Westergaard, whose cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad sparked an international row.

Mr Westergaard was at home in Aarhus when a man broke in armed with a knife. Police arrived and shot the man after Mr Westergaard pressed a panic alarm.

Danish officials said the intruder was a 28-year-old Somali linked to the radical Islamist al-Shabab militia.


Kurt Westergaard was the guy who drew the infamous cartoon that depicted the Prophet Muhammad with a bomb in his turban. Because of that, Islamic militants have placed a $1m price on Kurt Westergaard's head.

What do you guys think about this?
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
#3
I'm surprised this hasn't happened earlier.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."


Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
#4
Quote by teh_Beatles
Danish police have shot and wounded a man at the home of Kurt Westergaard, whose cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad sparked an international row.

Hmmm...

This plot reminds me of an episode of some animated show on Comedy Central to which I can't recall at this point in time...

OT: I didn't know that it was actually offensive to draw Muhammad
daytripper75

Bullieve


Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jan 2, 2010,
#5
so if it's 'illegal' to draw a picture of muhammad...

how did they recognize him
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
#6
Quote by the bartender
so if it's 'illegal' to draw a picture of muhammad...

how did they recognize him


It was a cartoon depicting Muhammed.


They recognized him because... you know... it was depicting him.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]


Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
#8
He should probably go to Ebonheart and talk to Apelles Matius about getting to Mournhold.

/nerdness
______________________________________________________________________
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
#10
Quote by Momentosis
It was a cartoon depicting Muhammed.


They recognized him because... you know... it was depicting him.


you clearly missed the point.

How would they know it was muhammed when they have never seen a pic of him before?
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
#11
Best thread title ever.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
#12
I hate Terrorists and Muhammad and Islam and all that bullshit. Stupid idiots deserve to die (preferably by Dexter - and womgtf on that season finale if anybody watches you know what I'm walking about).

By the way, this is an Atheists opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of most naive religious fanatics, unfortunately...
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
#13
Quote by Momentosis
It was a cartoon depicting Muhammed.

They recognized him because... you know... it was depicting him.


because ... you know ... they know what muhammed looks like ... because they look at illegal depictions of him all the time.
#DTWD
#14
It's amazing that people get so butthurt over a cartoon of an 8th century prophet.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.





MUFC


My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
#15
Quote by primusfan
because ... you know ... they know what muhammed looks like ... because they look at illegal depictions of him all the time.


There's a really famous picture of Muhammad out there. I think it's from when he fought Sonny Liston.
#16
icwhatudidthar ^
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
#21
Quote by AlterEdge
I hate Terrorists and Muhammad and Islam and all that bullshit. Stupid idiots deserve to die (preferably by Dexter - and womgtf on that season finale if anybody watches you know what I'm walking about).

By the way, this is an Atheists opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of most naive religious fanatics, unfortunately...

That conclusion is fallacious. Part =/= to whole. And hating people because of their religious beliefs is as primitive as this assassination attempt.

On to the topic. What do I make of this? I think it's retarded. Yeah they drew a picture of prophet Muhammed. Yes I'm a muslim and it irked me. So what? People say shit to other people all the time that pisses them off. Doesn't mean you kill them for it. That's savage and brutal.

Anyways, for those of you who don't know about why its prohibited to draw a picture of the prophet, this is for you:
Islam conjectures that over time, texts, ideologies and history itself become distorted. In many religions, paintings are made of a revered figure, depicting them as holy and sacred. However, as the generations come and go, the story and the message get corrupted. Instead of remembering the religious figure as just another dude, people start confusing him for God and start worshiping him. By banning muslims to draw paintings of the prophet, Islam sought to avoid them. Hell, the Prophet's political successor, after the Prophet's death, responded to rioters by saying that "He was just another man, no more no less. If you ever believed in God, you will continue to do so."

Also, the danish cartoon, along with many other cartoons depicting the Prophet, were simplistic and just plain ignorant. Although this would piss any normal person who respected the Prophet off, this does not mean you become ****ing trigger happy.

Btw, here's a musical comparison for you all. Dimebag was murdered in late 04. A while later, Iconoclast Contributing Editor William Grim wrote a rather ignorant and hateful article about metalheads in general. As far as I know, most people were ****ing pissed off at the heap of ignorance in the Iconocalst article. Hell, Machine Head even wrote a song about damning Grim to hell. So you see, it is only natural to get pissed off when someone decides to trample over your values and figures you love. However, again I state, this is no reason to ****ing kill somebody. You can want to kill him all you want, I don't have a problem with that, but you don't actually do it. That's more ignorant than the person you're trying to kill.
#23
Quote by Limaj_daas
*post*

+ infinity

Exactly what I was thinking. I understand why Muslims get upset, but a cartoon is NO FUCKING REASON to kill someone.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."


Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
#24
Quote by Limaj_daas
That conclusion is fallacious. Part =/= to whole. And hating people because of their religious beliefs is as primitive as this assassination attempt.

On to the topic. What do I make of this? I think it's retarded. Yeah they drew a picture of prophet Muhammed. Yes I'm a muslim and it irked me. So what? People say shit to other people all the time that pisses them off. Doesn't mean you kill them for it. That's savage and brutal.

Anyways, for those of you who don't know about why its prohibited to draw a picture of the prophet, this is for you:
Islam conjectures that over time, texts, ideologies and history itself become distorted. In many religions, paintings are made of a revered figure, depicting them as holy and sacred. However, as the generations come and go, the story and the message get corrupted. Instead of remembering the religious figure as just another dude, people start confusing him for God and start worshiping him. By banning muslims to draw paintings of the prophet, Islam sought to avoid them. Hell, the Prophet's political successor, after the Prophet's death, responded to rioters by saying that "He was just another man, no more no less. If you ever believed in God, you will continue to do so."

Also, the danish cartoon, along with many other cartoons depicting the Prophet, were simplistic and just plain ignorant. Although this would piss any normal person who respected the Prophet off, this does not mean you become ****ing trigger happy.

Btw, here's a musical comparison for you all. Dimebag was murdered in late 04. A while later, Iconoclast Contributing Editor William Grim wrote a rather ignorant and hateful article about metalheads in general. As far as I know, most people were ****ing pissed off at the heap of ignorance in the Iconocalst article. Hell, Machine Head even wrote a song about damning Grim to hell. So you see, it is only natural to get pissed off when someone decides to trample over your values and figures you love. However, again I state, this is no reason to ****ing kill somebody. You can want to kill him all you want, I don't have a problem with that, but you don't actually do it. That's more ignorant than the person you're trying to kill.


You sir, are one of the naive religious fanatics I was talking about. You in no way proved my point wrong at all.

If someone wants to kill someone over something as trivial as drawing a picture (like many have said) than I believe that person does not deserve the life they have because that person is an ignorant fool. Terrorists are the main example.

I don't say mean things about people who were killed unjustly, only the bastards who killed the innocent. So go back to your religion if it helps you any but don't try and demean me like your so smart. Your not, just mislead.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
#25
Quote by ..NEM..
+ infinity

Exactly what I was thinking. I understand why Muslims get upset, but a cartoon is NO FUCKING REASON to kill someone.

Also, way too much of this shit is political. I'd laugh my ass off if any of those more fanatical "religious" leaders are half as religious as they claim to be. Faith is something close to people but also volatile. These sick fucks know how to manipulate it just enough to get what they want. Major developed countries often attempt to capitalize on this and try to outsmart the religious leaders as they're trying to outsmart the average dude. This reminds me of one of those old school cartoons like Tom and Jerry where the hierarchy is Jerry<Tom<Dog<Woman. If it wasn't so damn true and didn't consume so many lives, I'd find it amusing.
#26
Quote by AlterEdge
You sir, are one of the naive religious fanatics I was talking about. You in no way proved my point wrong at all.

If someone wants to kill someone over something as trivial as drawing a picture (like many have said) than I believe that person does not deserve the life they have because that person is an ignorant fool. Terrorists are the main example.

I don't say mean things about people who were killed unjustly, only the bastards who killed the innocent. So go back to your religion if it helps you any but don't try and demean me like your so smart. Your not, just mislead.


I'll reply to this only once and attempt to avoid a needless argument over small details.

You sir, are one of the naive religious fanatics I was talking about. You in no way proved my point wrong at all.

Firstly, try not to make personal attacks. It is a cheap way to argue. Anyways, you said, "I hate Terrorists and Muhammad and Islam and all that bullshit." The conclusion drawn here is like this: terrorists=Mohommed=Islam. You're basically saying that a part of something equals the whole. Which is fallacious. And you're associating religion with fanaticism. There are people who are religious and not navie and fanatical you know?

If someone wants to kill someone over something as trivial as drawing a picture (like many have said) than I believe that person does not deserve the life they have because that person is an ignorant fool. Terrorists are the main example.

That's what I said. "People say shit to other people all the time that pisses them off. Doesn't mean you kill them for it. That's savage and brutal." "Although this would piss any normal person who respected the Prophet off, this does not mean you become ****ing trigger happy." I'm glad you thoroughly read my post and agreed with me on this.

I don't say mean things about people who were killed unjustly, only the bastards who killed the innocent. So go back to your religion if it helps you any but don't try and demean me like your so smart. Your not, just mislead.

Indeed people who kill innocents are bastards. That's exactly what I just said. I do find it interesting that you said that I "demean" you and act "so smart" when I'm not. I'd say you're the one who is demeaning. In your post you called me "naive", "fanatic", "misled", stupid, and you told me to "go back to your religion". Any man would consider that demeaning.

Anyways, I'm not about insulting people. I don't stoop that low. I respect your opinion, although I consider it primitive. No, I am not going to kill you over it either. In fact, I cherish the fact that your opinion is drastically different than mine. It makes for good dialogue.

EDIT: Shit, sorry about the double post. My bad.
#27
Limaj_daas freakin' slays.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."


Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
#28
Quote by Limaj_daas
I'll reply to this only once and attempt to avoid a needless argument over small details.


Firstly, try not to make personal attacks. It is a cheap way to argue. Anyways, you said, "I hate Terrorists and Muhammad and Islam and all that bullshit." The conclusion drawn here is like this: terrorists=Mohommed=Islam. You're basically saying that a part of something equals the whole. Which is fallacious. And you're associating religion with fanaticism. There are people who are religious and not navie and fanatical you know?


That's what I said. "People say shit to other people all the time that pisses them off. Doesn't mean you kill them for it. That's savage and brutal." "Although this would piss any normal person who respected the Prophet off, this does not mean you become ****ing trigger happy." I'm glad you thoroughly read my post and agreed with me on this.


Indeed people who kill innocents are bastards. That's exactly what I just said. I do find it interesting that you said that I "demean" you and act "so smart" when I'm not. I'd say you're the one who is demeaning. In your post you called me "naive", "fanatic", "misled", stupid, and you told me to "go back to your religion". Any man would consider that demeaning.

Anyways, I'm not about insulting people. I don't stoop that low. I respect your opinion, although I consider it primitive. No, I am not going to kill you over it either. In fact, I cherish the fact that your opinion is drastically different than mine. It makes for good dialogue.

EDIT: Shit, sorry about the double post. My bad.


Hmm, Indeed so basically we agree on most accounts and yet I totally dislike you... What an interesting development. Oh well.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
#29
Quote by AlterEdge
Hmm, Indeed so basically we agree on most accounts and yet I totally dislike you... What an interesting development. Oh well.


Sir, I find your opinion shallow and pedantic.

no seriously, racism is uncool man.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
#30
Quote by the bartender
Sir, I find your opinion shallow and pedantic.

no seriously, racism is uncool man.


Racism In case you couldn't tell I'm confused. Was this article not about terrorism..
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
#31
it was, but in your first post you where pretty much stating that all muslims are terrorists, or at least that you hate all of them, which makes you a racist.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
#32
Quote by the bartender
it was, but in your first post you where pretty much stating that all muslims are terrorists, or at least that you hate all of them, which makes you a racist.


Oh I see you were confused. Or perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I am an ATHEIST. Therefore, I don't like ANY RELIGION at all. So that is why I do not like groups or people associated with religion. Maybe I'm just a Religicist.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
#33
Quote by the bartender
it was, but in your first post you where pretty much stating that all muslims are terrorists, or at least that you hate all of them, which makes you a racist.


Islam is a faith group not a race
Last edited by br33dlove at Jan 2, 2010,
#34
Quote by AlterEdge
Oh I see you were confused. Or perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I am an ATHEIST. Therefore, I don't like ANY RELIGION at all. So that is why I do not like groups or people associated with religion. Maybe I'm just a Religicist.

Atheism =/= dislike of other religions.

Either way, you're still ignorant if you dislike people because of their religious beliefs.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."


Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Last edited by ..NEM.. at Jan 2, 2010,
#35
I've seen atheists who respect other religions, and that's what makes them far more respectable.

And I've seen religious people who respect people with other opinions, and who even respect the opinions themselves.

Not everyone is so close minded.
#36
Quote by AlterEdge
Oh I see you were confused. Or perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I am an ATHEIST. Therefore, I don't like ANY RELIGION at all. So that is why I do not like groups or people associated with religion. Maybe I'm just a Religicist.


The **** are you talking about?

Being an atheist doesn't automatically mean you dislike religion. Hell, i'd say religion has its uses sometimes. Some smart/friendly/funny/nice people are also theists, do you dislike them too based on what god they worship? Does that make you any better than the theists that do the same? Does it make you any better than the people who dislike a dutch cartoonist because he drew their prophet?
#37
Quote by ..NEM..
Atheism =/= dislike of other religions.

Either way, you're still ignorant of you dislike people because of their religious beliefs.


Sigh... I don't respect people who have religious beliefs, that much is true. It doesn't mean that I want them dead or anything. Just the extremists which I'm sorry to say is almost always groups from the Middle East. Nazi's/White supremacists make me angry too though.

Oh and I also don't like gangs so if you'd like to argue that I'm racist toward gangs too then your welcome to make a fool of yourself some more.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
#38
Quote by the bartender
it was, but in your first post you where pretty much stating that all muslims are terrorists, or at least that you hate all of them, which makes you a racist.


No it doesn't.

Quote by ..NEM..
Atheism =/= dislike of other religions.

Either way, you're still ignorant if you dislike people because of their religious beliefs.


No you're not.
#39
Quote by AlterEdge
Sigh... I don't respect people who have religious beliefs, that much is true. It doesn't mean that I want them dead or anything. Just the extremists which I'm sorry to say is almost always groups from the Middle East. Nazi's/White supremacists make me angry too though.

Oh and I also don't like gangs so if you'd like to argue that I'm racist toward gangs too then your welcome to make a fool of yourself some more.

How's it possible to be racist towards a gang?

And you keep changing your story. First you say you hate Islam, then you dislike people associated with religion, and now you only dislike the Extremists.

Quote by blackthought
No you're not.


Yes, you are. Why should you judge someone just because they have a different belief then you? That's extremely close-minded.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."


Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Page 1 of 3