Dethklok is metal right?
Well, to me they sound like they're doing a growl..
Now i have some metalhead friends, who do not like screamo, can you clarify the difference to me.
and by screamo I mean My Hero Is Me, Atreyu, Black Veil Brides, Etc..
Can't you facade past the truth, and hide the lies?
Dethklok = Melodic Death Metal

dethklok is not screamo because... they do not scream they growl
screamo band scream and unlike dethklok they have no musical talent whatsoever

that is the difference
Last edited by fumb duck at Jan 2, 2010,
*sigh* Does the difference really matter? Just listen to what you want, I wouldn't worry too much about genre's. Just like what you like I guess. Some people just like to follow the trend of hating/disliking screamo because it makes them more 'metal'

Sorry if I sound like a dick, I'm sure someone else can answer your question.

EDIT: Screamo = Post-hardcore.

I'd brush up on your knowledge on 'screamo' if you want to worry about genre's.
Last edited by Kämpfer at Jan 2, 2010,
this is what i hate about metal, stupid ****ing sub genres.
just cos a band doesnt sound excatly the same doesnt mean its a different genre
Quote by fumb duck
Dethklok = Melodic Death Metal

Pretty much.
Melodic Death Metal = what it sounds like, usually a little less heavy than death metal
Metalcore = Metal mixed with hardcore punk, sometimes uses clean vocals
Screamo = Metal mixed with more mainstream punk, cleaner vocals, and hair gel
Quote by sporkman7
Pretty much.
Melodic Death Metal = what it sounds like, usually a little less heavy than death metal

so true
Quote by sporkman7
Pretty much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mahS6DCwy_U
Totally mainstream punk
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Kämpfer
*sigh* Does the difference really matter? Just listen to what you want, I wouldn't worry too much about genre's. Just like what you like I guess. Some people just like to follow the trend of hating/disliking screamo because it makes them more 'metal'

Sorry if I sound like a dick, I'm sure someone else can answer your question.

EDIT: Screamo = Post-hardcore.

I'd brush up on your knowledge on 'screamo' if you want to worry about genre's.

Hey now, it's a question man, not saying I do that. I love my music, and wouldn't change anything about it..

Quote by sporkman7
Pretty much.

Haha. Probably the best definition.
Can't you facade past the truth, and hide the lies?
Quote by innertom

Screamo is not a subgenre of metal FYI.
Jesus, are Deplorable and Magero the only people in this thread with any sense?

Edit: *and KreatorRage
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by KreatorRage
Screamo is not a subgenre of metal FYI.

careful, that sort of technicality could damage his brain.
Quote by asator
Jesus, are Deplorable and Magero the only people in this thread with any sense?

Edit: *and KreatorRage

and Cianyx
Quote by fumb duck

so true

It's a necessity, even if your bald.

All jokes aside, you can't trooly believe that the whole of post-hardcore is a bunch of talentless hacks.
Hell, that sort of label fits justly upon most tech-death that isn't the Augury, Quo Vadis, Canadian or French.

I know that isn't troo (well, it is somewhat, but bare with me) as I'm just using as a contrast.
Every genre has it's hacks and they generally occupy more space than those that are amazing.
For comparison: Necrophagist is to tech death as Hawthorne Heights is to post-hardcore; ridiculously annoying and pointless.
On the flip side, Gorod (and their new album) is as grand as Closure in Moscow (and their new album is ****ing fantastic too). Not saying that both of their previous releases were bad, it's just that they upped the ante.

In short, good music is good music.
Quote by Deplorable
and Cianyx

Didn't see that.

Either way, thread reeks of fail.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by huevos
It's a necessity, even if your bald.

All jokes aside, you can't trooly believe that the whole of post-hardcore is a bunch of talentless hacks.
Hell, that sort of label fits justly upon most tech-death that isn't the Augury, Quo Vadis, Canadian or French.

I know that isn't troo (well, it is somewhat, but bare with me) as I'm just using as a contrast.
Every genre has it's hacks and they generally occupy more space than those that are amazing.
For comparison: Necrophagist is to tech death as Hawthorne Heights is to post-hardcore; ridiculously annoying and pointless.
On the flip side, Gorod (and their new album) is as grand as Closure in Moscow (and their new album is ****ing fantastic too). Not saying that both of their previous releases were bad, it's just that they upped the ante.

In short, good music is good music.

i dont like post-hardcore and leave necrophagist alone they're awesome. Thats pretty much all i need to say
Quote by innertom

Except screamo is not a sub-genre of metal.

Sub-genres are great. Not just the music, I mean. I can't stand a few sub-genres. But the classification of sub-genres is great, for the simple fact that it makes it easier to describe a band to someone.

If you're recommending a black metal band to someone, it's vastly different from a power metal band. Both are metal., but they are so different that they may aswell be placed in different categories. Get it?

Sub-genres aren't named so twats like us can argue about it on the net. The way I see it, they're here to make it easier to describe a band to someone. Something more specific than 'metal.'
Srsly.

Metal = Br00talz.

The goal is to accomplish as much of the above as possible.

If your name does not include [Verb] The [Noun] then you are not metal. Get it right.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1+Invader/Dimebucker
Ibanez Figured Ash
Jackson JS30RR
Samick UM-3

Amp:
Crate GT3500H
Custom Eminence Cabs

Pedals:
Crybaby From Hell
Phase 90
Dyna Comp
Stereo Chorus
10-Band EQ
ISP Decimator
Marshall EH-1
Quote by Butt Rayge
Except screamo is not a sub-genre of metal.

Sub-genres are great. Not just the music, I mean. I can't stand a few sub-genres. But the classification of sub-genres is great, for the simple fact that it makes it easier to describe a band to someone.

If you're recommending a black metal band to someone, it's vastly different from a power metal band. Both are metal., but they are so different that they may aswell be placed in different categories. Get it?

Sub-genres aren't named so twats like us can argue about it on the net. The way I see it, they're here to make it easier to describe a band to someone. Something more specific than 'metal.'

+10000000000000000
im sick of people dissing sub-genres