hi i got a 50w tube Ashton Bluetongue amplifier.

When i run my delay pedal through the fx loop, when i turn the amps master volume past a certain point (around 2 oclock) its starts to make a high pitched squeal. Maybe microphonic? Its a brand new amp. Is this kinda thing normal?

Thanks heaps!
It is normal to get extra noise on high volume levels, and it's more probable when the amount of stuff in the signal increases.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
are you referring to feedback? as this high pitched squeal? or is it something completely different.. if its feedback it happens if its something else you might have a problem
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends
1) You're probably too close to the amp, causing feedback.
2) You have too many pedals active in the FX loop. I start getting a high pitched hissing when I have my Comp. Sustainer, Phase Shifter, and Metal Muff active at the same time, but I have a noise suppressor to keep things from getting out of hand. That, and I never have a practical purpose for having them all active at the same time. Turn off a pedal or two.
3) Your amp is getting interference from space aliens who are trying to probe your brain via RF transmitters*

*Not actually a probable cause of anything.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

the high pitch squeal went away today now the amp makes just a really loud noise, similar to guitar feedback, when the master volume is at 10. lol