hey guys,

I recently had a lot of broken solders in my guitar, and due to some twisting and such, one in particular broke off. Since it had no warranty, I decided to take upon my fathers soldering iron and attempt to fix it myself. Mostly fail on my half, I ended up making the wire quite short due to being in-adept at soldering. In the end I got it working. Until a month or so later and everythings just completely ugly in there.

So I took it to my nearest guitar shop. I live like 200km away from the nearest city. Yes I literally live in the middle of nowhere in Australia. He reckons he fixed it and all, and also replaced the jack. Should have tested it, but no, got home to find out its not working.

Opened it up, to find that it looks like this. Literally identical, although this ISN'T My guitar-
(Invalid img)

HOWEVER! There is still another wire inside the jack, that hasn't been soldered to anything, it's just hanging... Seriously what do I do with it... Where does it go?
Last edited by Kreator90 at Jan 2, 2010,
The picture is not viewable. Please fix so we can help.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]THIS JUST IN: cramming batterys into orifices of your guitar will NOT make sustain any longer. This is considered instrument rape and is still illegal in 49 out of 50 states.

zoom 505 of the 90's was the best (after that they went down)
Quote by Endoftheworldto
The picture is not viewable. Please fix so we can help.

copy and paste the link into a web browser lazy. its not a photo of his guitar. its from one of the threads on setting up a guitar.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
yeah that's my picture. from the setup thread.

what's hanging from the guitar? it's 3 wires?

a pic of your guitar, or better description would be helpful.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^yeah that's what he's looking at in his op. But it's not helpful because i need to know what the "tech" did to his guitar.

1. i'm sure the jack didn't need replacing.
2. he probably just added additional wire to make that wire longer so it will reach the jack.
so maybe that's what has come apart.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

jj1565, wouldnt that make 2 loose stumps and not one? Do you have a multimeter? If you do, put it on that beeping setting, and stick one pin onto the strings(yes, the strings) and the other one onto the loose wire. if you get a sound, it's a loose ground.
Quote by ziggymidget
jj1565, wouldnt that make 2 loose stumps and not one? Do you have a multimeter? If you do, put it on that beeping setting, and stick one pin onto the strings(yes, the strings) and the other one onto the loose wire. if you get a sound, it's a loose ground.

unless it's a stereo jack.

he's going to have two lugs, like pictured.
and
two wires. because there's not a lot of info here. and the op mentioned that originally one of the wires was short, i'm guessing that the "tech" used additional wire to make one of the connections.

perhaps there's extra wire in there. not leading to anything.

that's the only thing i can figure. and i'm guessing he doesnt have a mulitmeter.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62