Will it be wise to try one of these amps out before i purchased it or do you think that i would be happy with it?
I've been searching for amps for a while now and others that i have looked into are Dual Recs, 6505, Kranks, having played these previously.
Will the Mark IV be able to get me the same sort of tones that a Dual Rec could?

By the way i play in a metal band (Rob Zombie-ish, Ministry, kind of industrial vibe), but i also play bands such as Lamb Of God, and other rock type things such as Alter Bridge and considering that i will be studying music this year i want a fairly versatile amp.

I thank you for your opinions in advance.
i think you should look at the reviews on the website or use the searchbar
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I think the Mark IV is not really an amp for modern metal. Of yourse, it's pretty versatile, but it will provide no Ministry or Lamb Of God-ish tone. I'd recommend the Marshall JVM 410, it's extremely versatile and surely can do those bands.
Quote by DarkValo666
I think the Mark IV is not really an amp for modern metal. Of yourse, it's pretty versatile, but it will provide no Ministry or Lamb Of God-ish tone. I'd recommend the Marshall JVM 410, it's extremely versatile and surely can do those bands.

IMO the Mark IV can nail those tones. But I have no first-hand experience with the amp so

I would personally die for a Mk IV.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by DarkValo666

I d read up a bit before running my mouth. Lamb of god' s guitarists, Mark Morton and Willie Addler, both use Mesa Mark IVs.

Yeah
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Quote by DarkValo666

hah you fool lamb of god get all there tone from mesa mark 4's
This is a MotherFxcking Invatation
Quote by DarkValo666

I'm sorry but this statement is just plain wrong

The Mark IV is an amazing metal amp,modern included. You could easily get a Log tone out of it, all they use is guitar ----> amp with nothing but a MXR Dynacomp in between. I wouldn't recommend the JVM at all, i played it and it's a pretty mediocre amp at best and it definitely wouldn't be the first choice for metal
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Having owned a triple rectifier and now a mark IV. I can tell you that the Mark IV will not get a rectifier type sound. It doesn't have the bass that the rectifier has. I think that the Mark IV has better cleans and the distortion is a bit clearer. It has all the gain you need for any modern rock or metal. In my opinion the Mark IV is a better overall choice because of the clean channel and the clarity of the notes in the lead channel.

You might want to wait I've heard that Mesa is rolling out a new dual/triple rectifer with better clean channel and a serial effects loop which were my main gripes with my rectiifier. I also have clips of both amps in my profile. Everything in there is the triple rectifier except for the "mark iv test"
Quote by Muramasa
Having owned a triple rectifier and now a mark IV. I can tell you that the Mark IV will not get a rectifier type sound. It doesn't have the bass that the rectifier has. I think that the Mark IV has better cleans and the distortion is a bit clearer. It has all the gain you need for any modern rock or metal. In my opinion the Mark IV is a better overall choice because of the clean channel and the clarity of the notes in the lead channel.

You might want to wait I've heard that Mesa is rolling out a new dual/triple rectifer with better clean channel and a serial effects loop which were my main gripes with my rectiifier. I also have clips of both amps in my profile. Everything in there is the triple rectifier except for the "mark iv test"

This. Rectos and marks are completely different beast.

Marks are really tight. And with a tube screamer type boost it gets even tighter, which is nice when playing higher gain.

Try it out. compare how it sounds to the others.

also try the mark V's. Really different from the mark IV.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Mark V has that sweet IIC feature I really want to try out. It'll probably cost you a little more than a Mark IV though, considering they're much harder to find used.
In short, YES. With EVERY amp you should try it out before you buy.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Try it out, but be warned- the first time you play it you probably won't have it setup correctly. Ask the owner (if buying from another person not a store) to help you dial in a desired tone.

When I first got my MarkIV it was hard to get the same sound out of it twice.
Mark VS Recto is tough, like mura and shred said- they're just different amps.

Playing my MarkIV with a friend's dual rec, I prefer the mark. Cleans are way better, it cuts through way better, and its much tighter and less grainy.

that being said, the only thing the MarkIV lacks is gain. I wish I could just have a TAD more with no OD.
/rig