I am planning on buying zoom B2.1u soon. At first whenever I saw the b1x in various catalogues I dismissed it instantly since it cost less than half the price of b2.1u so I though that it can't be anything like the b2.1u. However, recently I gave it a look and the only difference between the two effects is that the b1x is made of plastic instead of metal and has one or two effects less and does not have a usb slot. Also the b2.1u has a six-band eq (b1x has 3)

Are those the only differences? and does that warrant a £70 difference in price (with the more expensive b2.1u costing £129)?
Is it worth paying the all that extra money for a metal casing, a few extra effects and a better eq?

Here are links to the manufacturers website
B2.1u
b1x

note: I also just noticed that the program cubase LE 4 comes bundled with b2.1u which might explain the huge price difference. Does anybody have any experience with this program?
Cubase LE4 is ok, it's not great but it's not terrible. It's a very stripped down version of Cubase but if Cubase is all you have for recording then you can't complain.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by LizarD0
I am planning on buying zoom B2.1u soon. At first whenever I saw the b1x in various catalogues I dismissed it instantly since it cost less than half the price of b2.1u so I though that it can't be anything like the b2.1u. However, recently I gave it a look and the only difference between the two effects is that the b1x is made of plastic instead of metal and has one or two effects less and does not have a usb slot. Also the b2.1u has a six-band eq (b1x has 3)

Are those the only differences? and does that warrant a £70 difference in price (with the more expensive b2.1u costing £129)?
Is it worth paying the all that extra money for a metal casing, a few extra effects and a better eq?

Here are links to the manufacturers website
B2.1u
b1x

note: I also just noticed that the program cubase LE 4 comes bundled with b2.1u which might explain the huge price difference. Does anybody have any experience with this program?

I'd say it's worth the extra money. I saved up and got the B2.1u instead and I haven't regretted it. If you're interested all the songs on my profile were recorded with it, the first song on my profile is just going through a few different effects, have a listen if you're interested
I bought the 2.1U 2 weeks ago and I'm very pleased with it. The higher price is worth it IMO, especially for the metal casing. When gigging, it's nice to know you have a pedal that can take a beating.
I also bought the extra foot switch and programmed it as bypass. When playing live, it will be a lot easier to bypass that way than by pressing the 2 buttons at once.
Gear :
Ibanez GWB35 Gary Willis signature
Ibanez SR700 CN
Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV

Marshall MB4410
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll go for the B2.1u in the end. The B1 must be of much lower quality considering the price difference.