Lowell c kiesel (carvin founder)dies at age 94. This is what I saw when I opened my email this morning to the PG newsletter. Any thoughts on this. Does any one think this could spell the end of carvins current excellence or do u think carvin will still be fine
Last edited by maverick_137 at Jan 2, 2010,
orville gibson and leo fender died long ago.

but their brands are still going strong as ever.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
orville gibson and leo fender died long ago.

but their brands are still going strong as ever.

This.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Well Leo fender sold his company to start g and l. Fender didn't continue in his vision. Orville Gibson died and now they only make lots of custom shop stuff that many people just complain about and reissues that Gibson originally made when Orville was around. My main point is that I don't want a bunch of reissues or for the company to carry on with someone elses ideas.
I doubt it, just because whoever owns the company now will hopefully take as much pride in the brand as his predecessor.

Also, quote gibson and fender posts from above and include martin blah blah that whole thing
To me, Electric gutiar companies, especially the founding ones such as Les Paul and Fender etc, have a very strong spirit that carries on with the original founder, so i doubt this company will fall to bits, the sucessor surely would of been chsoen in good faith
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Noooooooooooooooooooo

carvin will live on. great brand for non retards who chose against fender and gibson.
It's a businesses. Though not public, it probably has more shareholders in it than Lowell Keisel. In business, you always do whatever the hell the stakeholders want (or that's how it is ideally). Right now, the company seems to be doing fine and probably won't end until they're unsuccessful and broke or something. If that happens then they might decide to sell their company or go public. And plus, bigger companies would love to buy them out since they're a recognizable brand.

To sum it up, no they're not going to end.
I hope that Carvin will be fine, but I can't really say.

R.I.P Kiesel
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by JohnnyV
I doubt it, just because whoever owns the company now will hopefully take as much pride in the brand as his predecessor.

Also, quote gibson and fender posts from above and include martin blah blah that whole thing

Martin's been running for 176(give or take) years now. The Brand is still within the family. It's the 4th generation to take over, iirc.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by Anthony1991
To me, Electric gutiar companies, especially the founding ones such as Les Paul and Fender etc, have a very strong spirit that carries on with the original founder, so i doubt this company will fall to bits, the sucessor surely would of been chsoen in good faith

The fuck did you just say?
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I guess I didn't so much mean the end of it, but I did mean the end of all that carvin would have continued to contribute to the musical world. I don't want them to get bought out I don't want to completely change their product layout. This is my real fear about the new owner.
I'm sure his children and grandchildren will carry on with Carvin.

Here it is from Carvin BBS:

It is with great sadness that Carvin announces the passing of it's founder, Lowell C. Kiesel. Mr. Kiesel was born in Nebraska in 1915, and as a young man, spent time in Wichita, Kansas, where he developed an interest in musical instruments; specifically, Hawaiian steel guitars, resonators and the electronic aspects of these instruments.

He founded the L. C. Kiesel Company in 1946, and began winding pickups on an old sewing machine owned by his wife, Agnes. The company was located in Los Angeles, briefly relocated back to Mr. Kiesel's home state of Nebraska, and then moved back to southern California in 1949, where the name was changed to Carvin, after his two eldest sons, Carson and Gavin. In the following years, the company expanded from pickups to guitars and basses, amplifiers, pro audio equipment and other musical accessories.

Mr. Kiesel's leadership, technical expertise and innovative engineering concepts led the company for decades, and even after handing the reins of the company over to his sons, he maintained an office in Carvin's San Diego headquarters and remained active in company operations.

He will be greatly missed and fondly remembered by the Kiesel family and the entire staff of Carvin.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Last edited by OldRocker at Jan 2, 2010,