hi, i'm probably at some point going to be getting another guitar and i always like to do a lot of research before i buy anything.

i play mostly high gain heavy rock and metal, so would a PRS still be good for that style?? i haven't played any of the USA models, and they're the ones i'm talking about. what are the necks like?? i'm also up for any other recommendations other than PRS. my budget is not going to be over £2000 but maybe as low as £1500.

thanks
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
My PRS is an amazing instrument that can do anything well. HOWEVER. There is no way in hell i'd pay full price for one, once you go over a thousand dollars, they're all pretty much the same quality. I don't care what anyone says, you can make a cheap guitar sound just as good as an expensive PRS easily. The difference will be in the looks and feel of the instrument. So make sure you buy either used or on clearance. Otherwise you're paying way too much money for one.
are you going to shred, because i would say that the tremonti neck might be a better fit then.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
so maybe go used??

EDIT: yeah i'm probs gonna do some shredding on it, but i'm not a fan of the uber thin necks (even though i have an Ibby )
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Last edited by shredftw at Jan 2, 2010,
hey man I don't actually own a PRS but it seems they are great for pretty much anything. listen to some Opeth, they have killer distortion sound that is clear, noiseless and still brutal. Still I'd reccomend physically testing one out before buying it, so no online. good luck