I was under the impression that 7 strings were moderately expensive, and this one seems to be decent, but why is it so cheap? (only been playing a year and a half, only had 2 guitars - I don't know a lot about them)

http://www.dv247.com/guitars/ibanez-rg7321-7-string-electric-guitar-black--47379

thanks!
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
Quote by Mr.Feather
I was under the impression that 7 strings were moderately expensive, and this one seems to be decent, but why is it so cheap? (only been playing a year and a half, only had 2 guitars - I don't know a lot about them)

http://www.dv247.com/guitars/ibanez-rg7321-7-string-electric-guitar-black--47379

thanks!

It's because it's a lower end Ibanez. It's certainly not a GRX or Gio starter, but it is at the lower end of the RG Series of guitars from them, thus it only sells for so little.

I wouldn't recommend it, as I had two of them, both of which malfunctioned and were VERY poorly made.

If you are looking for a dependable seven string, I suggest the RG1527.
The RG7321 is a pretty solid guitar, especially as a first 7 string, Ibanez are pretty well known for making pretty decent gear for the price.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
not all 7 strings are expensive. this one especially because it's only very basic stuff used. no coil split, no special woods, no special pickups. not saying this is a bad guitar, but it's nothing really special.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
you gotta take into consideration the type of pickups, wood and hardware on it. These have a huge influence on price.
Those aren't bad guitars. They are inexpensive because they are made overseas where labor is cheap; their design does not require any difficult or intricate routing, carving or engineering; they have simple hardware and electronics, and they don't use expensive woods or exotic finishes. The RG7321 is a stripped-down 7-string that is perfectly serviceable. It won't be as good as higher end 7-string guitars, but then again, it won't cost as much.

A lot of people own those RG7321s and they seem to like them very much.
I suggest looking at more than just Ibanez, Schecter has a knack for completely overbuilding a 7 string and selling it for cheap. I got my 007 Elite for $300 and it has the equipment and plays like it's triple that price.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

One redeeming factor about them is they have two humbuckers with a five-way selector switch, and the fourth position on it (one away from the left-most position) engages the neck pickup in parallel connectivity, which boosts the volume while keeping it clear, almost acting as a coil-tap. It's great for soloing, and I love it, but for me, it takes more than a fancy feature like that to improve my opinion.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']One redeeming factor about them is they have two humbuckers with a five-way selector switch, and the fourth position on it (one away from the left-most position) engages the neck pickup in parallel connectivity, which boosts the volume while keeping it clear, almost acting as a coil-tap. It's great for soloing, and I love it, but for me, it takes more than a fancy feature like that to improve my opinion.

I still think you've just had some bad luck, I've never played a bad RG7321.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I still think you've just had some bad luck, I've never played a bad RG7321.

I know it just seems otherwise considering that TWO of them failed on me

Schecter does make a nice seven string though.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I know it just seems otherwise considering that TWO of them failed on me

Schecter does make a nice seven string though.
this.

they make great 8 strings too.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Halo makes nice TEN STRINGS too!

...Epic huge sweeps right there. :P
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

you know, I can not find me any demoes of anyone playing one of those.
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
you know, I can not find me any demoes of anyone playing one of those.

There isn't. Waylon Ford (owner of Halo Guitars) talks about it, but I don't think he actually plays it ever.

Oddly enough, he's also the bassist for Down Factor, yet he isn't endorsed by his own company anymore

EDIT: nvm, yeah they still are. my bad.
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Jan 2, 2010,
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']There isn't. Waylon Ford (owner of Halo Guitars) talks about it, but I don't think he actually plays it ever.

Oddly enough, he's also the bassist for Down Factor, yet he isn't endorsed by his own company anymore

EDIT: nvm, yeah they still are. my bad.
there should be demos, that'd be crazy.
Quote by pedromiles101
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Schecter does make a nice seven string though.

That much at least is true. Leave Johnny DiMarco alone though, he may be somewhat retarded at times but he's a damn good musician and can at least demo with some enthusiasm unlike most people.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
That much at least is true. Leave Johnny DiMarco alone though, he may be somewhat retarded at times but he's a damn good musician and can at least demo with some enthusiasm unlike most people.

Yeah, he's an okay guy, he just gets a little too into it. The guy from Bugera, however, is a lifeless zombie.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Yeah, he's an okay guy, he just gets a little too into it. The guy from Bugera, however, is a lifeless zombie.

I quite like him for that to be honest, it used to really get on my nerves but since I've seen so many other people demo like they're about to die it's a refreshing break

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']The guy from Bugera, however, is a lifeless zombie.

Hey, what do you expect? Cloned amps...cloned people.