My Epi Les Paul Standard's input jack is messed up. The actual jack holds well, but anytime I plug it in, a constant loud buzzing comes out and no sound from the actual guitar goes through. I'm thinking its a frayed wire, because when I strum, you can hear it make some little popping noise, which means it is connected to an extent I'm guessing.

I'm about to bring it into a music store (not a big chain that will send it off to some repair company...they have the workshop in-store) how much do you think it will cost? I'm thinking they just need to either solder a new wire in or just resolder the old ones....shouldn't be that bad. What should I expect?
It shouldn't be pricey. it may just be a hot wire mixing/crossing with a ground wire somewhere. But this should not be an expensive job at all.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]THIS JUST IN: cramming batterys into orifices of your guitar will NOT make sustain any longer. This is considered instrument rape and is still illegal in 49 out of 50 states.

zoom 505 of the 90's was the best (after that they went down)
Quote by Endoftheworldto
It shouldn't be pricey. it may just be a hot wire mixing/crossing with a ground wire somewhere. But this should not be an expensive job at all.

How long do you think it will take too? Do you think they could just bring it to the back and take 15 minutes and I go home with a working guitar?
Definately not 15 minutes. at least give them over night if the tech is present. Three days tops if they are stocked with repair request.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]THIS JUST IN: cramming batterys into orifices of your guitar will NOT make sustain any longer. This is considered instrument rape and is still illegal in 49 out of 50 states.

zoom 505 of the 90's was the best (after that they went down)

take the jack out and look. one of the wires prob fell off. a soldering iron is about $15
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011