Basically I play in a 2 man band... I just wanna know how to get a "fuller sound"? Like what effects could I get for my amp which could add a bit more depth to the sound and give it a bit more complexity. Its hard to explain, lol..

We play stuff like The White Stripes (bluesy garage), but our sound is even too minimal for that, because when you listen to the White Stripes, you can hear layered tracks of the guitar and also little quiet sounds in the background. Which is fine if we were only recording an album, but what about for band practice and shows?

I'm thinking an octave pedal, but what else? I use a big muff fuzz atm and thats the only effect I use.

Thanks alot !
Increase your bass somehow and consider some sort of pedal for atmosphere. I'd recommend getting a reverb and a delay.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Post your complete current rig please.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
A looper pedal will probably help you quite a bit, especially for those layered sounds in a live environment.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Fender Telecaster mim
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Amp getting a bugera v22 in like a week when my music shop gets em in store.
If you don't have the amp yet, don't rush ahead of yourself. Also, the cabinet should have a big effect on how full the sound is.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Do a Dan Auerbach and run two amps in stereo. A marshall for dirt and a Fender Super Reverb for cleans. Sounds thick as ****.

When you play live, play loud as ****, and boost those Mids hugely.
Last edited by ze monsta at Jan 2, 2010,