Hey everyone

jsut landed on the vox ac15cc1............anyone ever use these ? reliable?

anything compared to vintage vox?

for the tone i know it's what im looking for, the british crunchiness........wil lthis do gilmour, pink floyd type with a few dirtboxes set low?

any recommendations?
Last edited by ferguson911 at Jan 2, 2010,
i didn't like the one i tried, i thought it sounded very harsh. The one i tried was second-hand, though, so may have been faulty or may have had old tubes, so i dunno, but if the one i tried was indicative of what they sound like, i'd avoid them. what's your budget, and what country are you in (that'll affect prices and availability)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i didn't like the one i tried, i thought it sounded very harsh. The one i tried was second-hand, though, so may have been faulty or may have had old tubes, so i dunno, but if the one i tried was indicative of what they sound like, i'd avoid them. what's your budget, and what country are you in (that'll affect prices and availability)?

i'm in canada, umm around 1K canadian....... i have a few other amps but looking for that vox \hiwatt saturated drive
when i hear someone say classic VOX...i think AC30. The AC15 doesn't really sound anything like the AC30 IMO. Its a decent amp...the cleans were OK...just not as chimey as its brothers. The drive was pretty sterile on it too, but an OD pedal did wanders for the amp.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jan 2, 2010,
k...

if you're in canada it might be worth trying out a few traynors, they're made there and as such are pretty good value (whereas here in the UK they're pretty expensive ). From what i can remember, the ycv20 was pretty voxy, it's bound to be worth a try to see if it gets close enough for you. if you see any of the other ycvs you might as well try them too, just in case you like them more (the 40 is more fendery, and the 50 is allegedly marshally, though i haven't tried it).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well i have a mesa v twin with mesa 50-50
fender deluxe reverb
and a bugera 333xl ( selling, NOT an amp for me)

i want a british type sound

vox night train ? worth it? or orange tiny terror then ?
Quote by ferguson911
fender deluxe reverb

the Night Train is similar to the AC15...I think the cleans are a bit better. The OD is kind of muddy...not nearly as muddy as the Tiny Terror though.
Quote by eyebanez333
the Night Train is similar to the AC15...I think the cleans are a bit better. The OD is kind of muddy...not nearly as muddy as the Tiny Terror though.

i'm looking for that muddy gilmour style british drive :P.............thats the problem, not too muddy just damn chiimey :P
Quote by ferguson911
fender deluxe reverb

vox might be worth a try (i haven't tried it, yet). Not sure about the TT, it sounds more like an orange. worth a try if you can find one, but don't get your hopes up. also try the traynor ycv20, as i mentioned earlier.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I hated my AC15 CC1X with a passion, it sounded way to harsh and shrill, so I got rid of it. But yh the Traynor's would be worth a look.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
The problem with the CC1 is the speaker. They can really accentuate the high end of the AC15 so when you crank it up, it ends up sounding harsh. That and the Custom Classic are a little difficult to work on and accessing the tubes for retubing is a chore.

You can get really nice rock tones out of the Custom Classic series, but it requires a lot of volume (or nice pedals) and a decent speaker.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The problem with the CC1 is the speaker. They can really accentuate the high end of the AC15 so when you crank it up, it ends up sounding harsh. That and the Custom Classic are a little difficult to work on and accessing the tubes for retubing is a chore.

You can get really nice rock tones out of the Custom Classic series, but it requires a lot of volume (or nice pedals) and a decent speaker.

I had the Celestion Alnico Blue in my AC15 and it still sounded horrible.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly