I have been writing a song, and I am tabbing it out in guitar pro 5 but I can figure out the time signature for this breakdown I wrote, Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have the breakdown tab as an attachment. It repeats itself with no rest at the end of the measure.
I also have an audio recording of the breakdown at this location:
http://www.esnips.com/doc/25a6dc19-ce36-49bb-a0ef-9b34a3398a4f/breakdown

If you dont have the correct plugin to hear the song, you can click the download button to open the file in your prefferred audio program. Its a WMA file.
Thanks in advanced.
Attachments:
Breakdown.gp5
eh, i'd just write it out in 4/4
its mostly just 16th notes and some 8th/quarter notes
Yeah I figured out that if I write it with just regular 16th notes it works out perfect. The only problem is that, the rest of the song is at 100bpm, and if I use 16th notes its WAYYY too slow. But if I use 16th note triplets at 100bpm, it is the correct speed, but it's not in 4/4 time, and I can't figure out which time sig it's in. "/
I'll post the whole tab so you can see the verse, and how it transitions into the breakdown.
Thanks for your time!
Quote by isaac_bandits
Is this better?

I'm not exactly sure. I'm gonna post the whole piece (what i've written so far) so you can see how it transitions. Im just not sure if the bpm match up.
Attachments:
Song.gp5
Quote by jbudman92
Yeah I figured out that if I write it with just regular 16th notes it works out perfect. The only problem is that, the rest of the song is at 100bpm, and if I use 16th notes its WAYYY too slow. But if I use 16th note triplets at 100bpm, it is the correct speed, but it's not in 4/4 time, and I can't figure out which time sig it's in. "/
I'll post the whole tab so you can see the verse, and how it transitions into the breakdown.
Thanks for your time!

Just do a tempo change. There's a mix table button that does that. Its red and green and is at the bottom near the text and chord buttons. Or you can just hit F10 and it pops up the interface. Just move the yellow cursor to the first note of the breakdown, and then open the mix table. Check the tempo checkbox, and set the new tempo to 150bpm immediately. Then when you want to change out of that tempo, do the same thing, and set it back to 100bpm.

It comes out like this:
Attachments:
Song.gp5
Last edited by isaac_bandits at Jan 2, 2010,
Ah ok, I got it. I wasn't sure if 16th note triplets at 100bpm are the same as regular 16th notes at 150, but I did the math and thats right. Thanks a bunch for the help everyone.