I'm looking into buying a new pair of high quality headphones, figured I'd ask for some opinions.

I have a budget of about $50 to $100 dollars and I am looking for some that go over the ears, but I don't really know how to determine how good they are compaired to others.

Any suggjestions?

... Edit: To be just a little more specific, I'm going to be using these for casual listening and plugging them into my amplifier after I get a converter for them.
Last edited by Metalingus96 at Jan 2, 2010,
I bought a set of Shure SRH440's today, most Shure products are awesome and the reviews I've read seem to be good. Got them for £65 too which is just over half price. I'll let you know if their worth getting when they arrive if I remember.

I previously had a set of Sennheiser HD215's which were ok, got the job done but weren't really anything special, they were quite cheap though (About £30, $50ish). Definately worth a look if you want to save some money.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Jan 2, 2010,
V-Moda headphones are my fave, and are amazing quality. And are about say $60. I dont however know if they sell them in the US
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Sennheiser are one of the best companies for audio equipment, especially in the mid-range market in my opinion.

I'd recommend the Sennheiser HD 238's to you because they are brilliant for the price.
I work at Apple so I work with these kinds of things all day!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Sennheiser HD555s
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Christian Davis
I don't know if these specifically are what you are looking for, but these are good for playing with at least.(So says Paul Gilbert) I have never used them, but Paul says they're good. Worth looking into at least.

http://www.extremeheadphones.com/

I'm almost positive a friend of mine has these.
He doesn't use them to listen to anything, just for drumming lmao..
Quote by Chrisiphone
Sennheiser are one of the best companies for audio equipment, especially in the mid-range market in my opinion.

ditto. i have a couple pairs (under $50, though) and they're nice headphones.
I have Sennheiser HD555's. They're a little bit more than 100 dollars, but damn are they beautiful.

I suggest them strongly.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I hear good things about the Sennheiser HD range, although, I'd imagine it's hard to go wrong with Shure's either, given the quality of their mics.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.

who DOESN'T think these are sexy?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking