Is it possible to still play bass through the Bassman LTD without blowing the tubes? I know the original Bassmans were designed and marketed as bass amps, but since they've grown into guitar amps, I don't know if the ability to play bass on them has changed.

So....if a friend decided to plug his bass into my Bassman, would there be a problem to worry about, or is the design still the exact same as it was 50 years ago.
I think it's ok to play bass through them but it won't sound as good as it does with guitar.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
Bass into guitar Amps is generally ok to do, its guitar (or other higher frequency things such as like Mp3 palyers in them) that generally damage bass amps.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
^WHAT?

That's bullsh't!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by Anthony1991
Bass into guitar Amps is generally ok to do, its guitar (or other higher frequency things such as like Mp3 palyers in them) that generally damage bass amps.

I think you got that the wrong way round, bass damages guitar amps, guitars are fine through bass amps which how the Bassman was discovered to be a good guitar amp in the first place.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
Quote by Anthony1991

other way around, brah.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by lkngro
other way around, brah.

You've made my day with that facepalm
I am a Stephenist
And, my brother had a Bassman for awhile for his bass, and I'm pretty sure it was a more recent one... it did fine for both our instruments.

And please don't plug your bass into a guitar amp .
I am a Stephenist
Quote by 5150rando
And, my brother had a Bassman for awhile for his bass, and I'm pretty sure it was a more recent one... it did fine for both our instruments.

And please don't plug your bass into a guitar amp .

I'll plug my bass in YOUR input....

Quote by 5150rando
You've made my day with that facepalm

Just spreadin' some New Year's cheer...

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Newsflash: You can plug a bass into a guitar amp and the amp itself will be fine. BUT: the speakers may not be. If they're not rated for low frequencies, they can blow.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Bassman originally a bass amplifier that a lot of guitarists liked and ended up using?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Bassman originally a bass amplifier that a lot of guitarists liked and ended up using?

Yup.
Quote by imgooley
Yup.

So, why would playing a bass through one be a concern?

Unless, of course, they're worried about the speakers.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Mikeyw1233
I think you got that the wrong way round, bass damages guitar amps, guitars are fine through bass amps which how the Bassman was discovered to be a good guitar amp in the first place.

Lol yeh so i did.

Sorry about that i knew what i wanted to say in my head, and it came outwrong xD Sorry guys
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
the bassman as it's sold now is made completely for guitar, playing bass through it at moderate volumes WILL damage it.

It might be based of a bass amp, but it's no longer a bass amp. Don't plug your bass into it unless you like toasted bassmans.
I use a silverface Fender Bassman from the '70s with both channels bridged... mmmm...

If I were you I'd look for the Fender Bassman 70 head on fleaBay and get a bass cab. The 70 in particular has masses of low end.