Page 1 of 4
Honestly, name one. PRetty much every band I listen to got alot worse when the guitarist changed.

-Our Lady Peace
-P.O.D
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
The Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I rate Dave Navarro more than John Frusciante.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
GnR

Back when Slash replaced Guns and now with BBF/Ashba/Fortus.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
When herman li died and some random asian replaced him, you can't tell the difference because they all look the same!
MonsterBeast Is Fat And Ugly!
i think its sad when someone in a band changes, cos bands should be a bunch of friends making music together, so when someone is ditched its like being kicked out of a friend group. It makes it seem like that band is only interested in money.
Muse. What more can i say?
Megadeth got better for a short while when Marty Friedman came into the picture. The same happened again when Broderick replaced Drover.
Quote by museisamazing
i think its sad when someone in a band changes, cos bands should be a bunch of friends making music together, so when someone is ditched its like being kicked out of a friend group. It makes it seem like that band is only interested in money.

My brother is right on the money, **** money, dig music.
MonsterBeast Is Fat And Ugly!
Quote by sticksause
Megadeth got better for a short while when Marty Friedman came into the picture. The same happened again when Broderick replaced Drover.

This. x100.
Quote by sticksause

Uhm, no... Drover is amazing player. Chris is just a piece of wood... just a copy cat he doesnt have his own style
If you can read this... you can read!

Quote by Fat Lard
    I like semen, so what?
    Ozzy Osbourne

...just kidding
    Quote by maidenrulz19
    When playing any pokemon game and encountering a fisherman with 5 or 6 FUCKING MAGIKARP!!!!!!! I mean the thing is useless and it only gives like 7 exp points each. Yeah eventually that guy can have an army of gyarados but still.
    i think marty was the best Megadeth had.
    I make house muuuusic!
    www.soundcloud.com/sean-garfola

My Gear:
    Schecter Tempest custom
    Pro Co Rat Duecetone Distortion
    Boss Space Echo
    Boss Super Chorus
    Line 6 Verbzilla
    Digitech Jam-man
    Peavey ValveKing 212
    Quote by strat07
    Uhm, no... Drover is amazing player. Chris is just a piece of wood... just a copy cat he doesnt have his own style

I never said Broderick is better than Drover. All I said was that Megadeth got better when Broderick replaced Drover because the general consensus says that Endgame >> United Abominations.
    Quote by Kakatara
    i think marty was the best Megadeth had.

This man speaks the truth (In my opinion).
    I mean. Chris is technically better, but Marty's style and solos were just so good.
    On the topic of whiney singers.

Quote by elliott FTW
    But not Robb Flynn, he has epic vocal chords (they're made from barbed wire and gaffer tape).

Mr. Big when they had a reunion and Paul came back. (right now)
    ¯|(°_o)/¯
    Quote by sticksause

Broderick doesn't even have his own style. He just plays what the other guys wrote and leaves it at that. Drover was a great guitarist. He even added to the 'A Tout Le Monde' solo on United Abominations and imo it sounded a lot better than the original. Anyway, I would rate Chris Broderick as Megadeth's worst guitarist to date.
    LOYAL?
    HARD WORKING?
    FULLY EXPENDABLE?

THE EMPIRE NEEDS YOU!
    IT'S NOT ABOUT PAY, IT'S ABOUT CRUSHING THE REBELLION
    Phish, when Holdworth was dropped and they just stayed a quartet. Also I think The Allman Brothers current lineup is better than the lineup right before Dickey got kicked out, although nothing will come close to the Dickey and Duane lineup.
    Lamb of God. Hate to say it, but Metallica, too. I think Kirk is a hoser, but 'Master of Puppets' is their masterpiece.
    Quote by sticksause

I agree with this. inb4 flame: I'm not saying who's better, one way or the other, but that the music Megadeth has made with Broderick is better than what they made with Drover (although one album each might not be enough for a real comparison).

Also, IMO, A Perfect Circle's work with James Iha was better than with Troy Van Leeuwen.

Not guitarists, but Metallica with Cliff Burton > Metallica with Ron McGovney, and Rush became better x1000 when Neil Peart joined.
    Slipknot, after Donnie Steel left and Mick Thomson joined.

Metallica.

The Wildhearts, when CJ came back.
    Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
    THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
    I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
    Quote by maggot_69
    Broderick doesn't even have his own style. He just plays what the other guys wrote and leaves it at that. Drover was a great guitarist. He even added to the 'A Tout Le Monde' solo on United Abominations and imo it sounded a lot better than the original. Anyway, I would rate Chris Broderick as Megadeth's worst guitarist to date.

I agree with this, Broderick is an amazing guitarist in terms of technical playing, even when he's playing all that mad classical, virtuoso shit it blows my mind, but still, not original.

Friedman FTW!
    Not really a band as such but Dizzee Rascal's band got better when Guthrie Govan joined it.
    Quote by griffRG7321
    become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
    Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
    Quote by Sonny_sam
    Not really a band as such but Dizzee Rascal's band got better when Guthrie Govan joined it.

This.
    I actually watched and enjoyed Dizzee Rascal at the electric proms because of Guthrie Govan and the Young Punx, and I hate Grime music so much.
    Quote by Sonny_sam

Everything gets better if Guhtrie joins in on it.
    Fender Jaguar
    Morley PVO +
    TC Polytune
    Fulltone Ultimate Octave
    Boss DS2
    Blackstar HT-40
    Digitech Timebender
    TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
    Machine Head got better when Phil turned up
    No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
    @overtimefitnessau
    Quote by MyDesertRose
    When herman li died and some random asian replaced him, you can't tell the difference because they all look the same!

wow. you ignorant racist.
    Quote by TomusAM
    No.

Yes.

It may not of been because of Kirk, more of James, and Dave is probably better but as far as the material they released, MoP, Justice > Kill em' All.
    Quote by CrackerJack465
    Yes.

It may not of been because of Kirk, more of James, and Dave is probably better but as far as the material they released, MoP, Justice > Kill em' All.

Agrees. The band would most likely have fallen apart because of Dave, he's a great guitarist (better than Kirk) but he's an ass.
    ❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
    Bertolt Bretcht

AFI got better when Mark Stopholese left and Jade joined and they made Black Sails.
    Quote by Arterial
    When Dan Briggs came in to replace BTBAM's old bassist =)

This 500 billion times over.
    Gear:
    Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
    Ibanez S2020XAV
    Carvin DC127
    EVH 5153 50w
    Orange PPC112
    AxeFX II
    Quote by CrackerJack465
    Yes.

This. I suspect if Dave had been clean (or at least functional) enough to not get kicked out, they could have been better, but as far as what really is, Kill 'em All is probably the weakest of Metallica's first four. (I think the improvement was more due to Cliff than Kirk, though; he was responsible for a lot of the technicality on RTL/MOP, and I'm pretty sure James is on record saying as much.)
    And actually if Dave was never kicked out we would never of had Megadeth, so...

Last edited by TomusAM at Jan 2, 2010,
    Page 1 of 4