I was in the middle of a song, when my Peavey Classic 30 just shut off on its own. The indicator light just turned off, and would not turn back on when i flicked the switch to off then back to on. is this an electrical problem within the amp?
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
i just replaced the tubes a few weeks ago. i just tried to turn the amp back on a min ago (about 15 min after the incident) and did turn back on. could it still be a blown fuse?
Gear:
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
The only way is to check it, pull out the fuse(s) and look at them. If they're the white ones where you can't see the filament, just go to Radio Shack or an automotive store and get the same size. They're like $5 for a few... It's always a good idea to keep a few extra around.
No, when a fuse goes the amp won't work until you replace it. It could have been the outlet, or something in the power supply that came loose when the amp got hot. If it happens again on a different outlet you should take it to a tech.
I do hope you're using a power conditioner or at least a surge protector with your amp.
i don't really know anything about surge protectors or power conditioners so i doubt i am using one, unless they are in the amp.
Gear:
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
Quote by guitarboy48
i don't really know anything about surge protectors or power conditioners so i doubt i am using one, unless they are in the amp.

A surge protector is just basically a power strip with multiple plug in's...
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by Rockerdude22
A surge protector is just basically a power strip with multiple plug in's...

Where if an electrical malfunction was to occur, it would cut the power preventing damage to all units attached to the protector.
oh, i am using a power strip. where are the fuses, and how can i tell if they are toasted?
Gear:
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
did you figure it out? I have the same amp so I'm wondering
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112