Hey everyone,

My equipment is busted and I'm going to have to buy new stuff. Luckily, I got some money saved up so I can pick out some more expensive amp and guitar. I play hard rock and heavy metal (AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Megadeth, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden mostly, to give you an idea).

Not to be picky, but I just thought I should say I like guitars models such as the explorer, flying V, razorback, les paul (etc) and that I absolutely hate the shape of a strat and stuff like the Ibanez rg 170. Not to put down anybody here that likes 'em; it's just my personal taste.

Anything you guys would recommend me? I seriously would appreciate any help.

My price range for an amp is about 800 - 1300$ and for guitar it's about 600 - 1200$.
omg its an '10!!!

well congratz for joining. Anyway what was your previous equipment?
omg its an '10!!!

well congratz for joining. Anyway what was your previous equipment?

Thanks dude.

Well...my previous equipment was a Peavey Rage 258 and a Jay Turser Les Paul knockoff. That being said, I think anything would be a drastic improvement.
Anyone have any other stuff they would recommend?

I'm planning on searching and testing out gear by the next two days.
well id definetly agree on the peavy 6505, great amp, check out bugera too, amazing tone at a great value, even a used jcm900 or dsl2000 would be good, for guitars if you like odd shapes, check out ESP LTDs EX, FX, V, F, and EC shapes, also Dean Z ML and V id stay away from bc rich, its like a super hot *****, they look good, but it burns the next day when you have to pee
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by Beergarette
Hey everyone,

My equipment is busted and I'm going to have to buy new stuff. Luckily, I got some money saved up so I can pick out some more expensive amp and guitar. I play hard rock and heavy metal (AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Megadeth, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden mostly, to give you an idea).

Not to be picky, but I just thought I should say I like guitars models such as the explorer, flying V, razorback, les paul (etc) and that I absolutely hate the shape of a strat and stuff like the Ibanez rg 170. Not to put down anybody here that likes 'em; it's just my personal taste.

Anything you guys would recommend me? I seriously would appreciate any help.

My price range for an amp is about 800 - 1300$ and for guitar it's about 600 - 1200$.

To get a heavy metal sound from an amp will be looking at high gain amps mostly. Lots of stuff to pick from, take a look here https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1139692 My personal pick is the Framus Dragon ($1200)
For a guitar, hmmmn i'd say look at schecter, they handle hard-rock & metal pretty well
Quote by Colgate Total

+3,14159

Good suggestion.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
It might help us if you could list what you want in the guitar such as

What type of bridge?
How many frets?
What type of neck joint?
What pickup layout?
What woods used?
Inlays/aesthetics?
Control layout?
Anything else?
Thanks for the help guys.

I'll try to list as much as I can, azn_guitarist25. Although, I don't have much experience with guitars, seeing how I was stuck with a Jay Turser for about two years.

What type of bridge?
Something like a Floyd Rose. I want to try a tremolo.

How many frets?
At least 24 frets.

What type of neck joint?

I'd prefer a neck that isn't bolted.

What woods used?
Mahogany, maple, rosewood, ebony.

Hmm You like either of these?

Yeah, the Reaper there looks pretty nice.
Quote by Beergarette

What type of bridge?
Something like a Floyd Rose. I want to try a tremolo.

How many frets?
At least 24 frets.

What type of neck joint?

I'd prefer a neck that isn't bolted.

What woods used?
Mahogany, maple, rosewood, ebony.

Then i'd suggest a Paul Reed Smith SE Custom 24.
Pick your color: Grey Black | Whale Blue | Black Cherry
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Beergarette
It's cool Linkerman, though that guitar shape isn't something I really like.

Welll, i believe PRS is going to introduce a Singlecut (has a Les Paul-style body shape) at NAMM, that has 24 frets and a tremolo bridge.
It's the stock equivalent of the PRS Akerfeldt SE signature model:

PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Look into The Heritage guitars. They make the absolute BEST single cut double humbucker guitars there are. As for the amp you are on your own since I have been using my Bedrock for more years then I care to admit to and do not shop for amps.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
if you just want a trem just to try it, then you probably shouldn't get one unless you really plan on using it for what it's for
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"