I've always wanted a custom guitarwith a custom paintjob. Recently i runned across a guy who make really good affordable guitar off used guitar parts. (and when i say really good i mean like amazing.) He said he could make me what i want and the price would depend on what i want. ( duh?) I want a telecaster thinline. He doesn't have a thinline body in stock but he said he could either Moddify a telecaster body or build a new body (more expensive). As of now i am thinking about goin for the new body option.

As anybody ever heard the result of a solid body guitar modded into a semi-hollow?
(the guy says the result can be quite supprising, but i dont know if i want to risk not t like it.)

has for the spec of the guitar what i have in mind would be:

Body:
(if he build it)
Walnut routed from the front.
painted in Alpine White.
Black 72 reissue pickguard. ( for two Humbucker)

Neck
prolly an old Telecaster neck
maybe if he build it i could ask him to throw a mustang neck in it .

Hardware:
pups: either

Duncan JB(bridge) + Duncan Jazz (neck)
or
Dimarzio Super Distortion (bridge) + Duncan Jazz (Neck)

bridge
the usual thinline bridge.

good quality pot and shielded elctronic.

For the custom paintjob its really simple i made this img of a 72 reissu i found on the net. its done really quickly so sorry if it look weird but try to picture it in real. Do you think it would look sexy or just too much.

Sorry if i made any mistake while writing the post im french and my english corrector is not working.

-ModestAxis
Quote by BelowZero
you like bass sound. wanna go crazy on stage. and want a "place for a whammy bar"

have you been playing for two weeks?

go get a squier....

Quote by jess2112
I've heard of a guitar with five colored frets, but they don't play well.
As far as looks go it seems like it would be fine. A little bit plain for my tastes but still good (Nothing looks bad with it).
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
How much would that cost, if buying a custom guitar i would personally spend as much as i could on it because i would want it to be as good as possible.

Also i think it looks very cool, and very classy, i do like it.

Also your english was damn near perfect
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
looks very cool! i like all the ideas.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by charlie__flynn
How much would that cost, if buying a custom guitar i would personally spend as much as i could on it because i would want it to be as good as possible.

Also i think it looks very cool, and very classy, i do like it.

Also your english was damn near perfect

Its not 100% custom cuz the guy is using old used part to make a new guitar with it.

so its more like getting to choose what part you want in your guitar.

So i would say it would be more like a signature guitare instead of a custom one (or whatever)

im thinking its gonna cost between 500-700 can$ (the guy price are really resonable.)

If hes doing a good job i dont think i will ever have to buy a guitar from somewhere else ever again .

-ModestAxis
Quote by BelowZero
you like bass sound. wanna go crazy on stage. and want a "place for a whammy bar"

go get a squier....

Quote by jess2112
that is very reasonable, id pay the full 700, it will be worth it in the long run
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Thats awesome. Its almost like your own signature guitar. Have him custom make as much of it as he can. I would spend alot of money if I knew someone who did that. But ya, your who setup looks good
Prestige Ibanez Rg1527rb
Epiphone Les Paul w dimarzio evo.
ltd H -50
Digitech DF-7
dod EQ
Randall WarHead
Crate td50c
That's pretty cool!

I say go for it
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
looks great, get it, i have to see it in real life
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Yeah Ibanez and Gibson design all their models on their iPods.

absolutely! do it and take lots of pictures for us
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
That's a really nice price in the end. Your rather lucky for knowing such a guy.
That's a very good price!

I hate to be picky, especially after you asked for us not to criticize your spelling, but just for your sake, make sure the "then" on the guitar is spelled as "than."
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by no.mop
That's a very good price!

I hate to be picky, especially after you asked for us not to criticize your spelling, but just for your sake, make sure the "then" on the guitar is spelled as "than."

i asked you to forgive my "clumsiness" (per say) in english. God thank you for correcting that mistake otherwise i would have looked really fn stupid...

thanks guy im calling the guy tommorow to schedule an appointement lets hope i sell my old gio cuz otherwise i think i will need more money.
Quote by BelowZero

go get a squier....

Quote by jess2112
Awww, but the GIO are so much fun. Technically I have a GSA but they are in the same area.
I think you should go guitar shopping, Then have him modify that body. Get a guitar that resonates well.

Try using this trick that Carl talks about in the first 30 seconds of this video to find a good guitar body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZnQt9yiBMg

Keep in mind, It may change after the refinish. You should get it refinished in nitrocellulose lacquer because it's overall better than Poly finishes. Poly finishes give a bit of bite to the guitar which ain't good.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Jan 9, 2010,
And remember that the nitrocellulose lacquer reacts with a fair amount of materials so be careful with what guitar stand you use with it.
Quote by Chaos Nil
Awww, but the GIO are so much fun. Technically I have a GSA but they are in the same area.

Mine a Gsa too i think (H/s/s Superstrat) its a good guitar but the tremolo is just pissing me off and it cant seem to keep its tuning for more then 2 or 3 song.

its either i sell it or i end up smashing it one day on stage...

thanks for the youtube video ill make sure to try it !
Quote by BelowZero

go get a squier....

Quote by jess2112
Quote by Chaos Nil
And remember that the nitrocellulose lacquer reacts with a fair amount of materials so be careful with what guitar stand you use with it.

I forgot about that part. Yes, Make sure you don't get it anywhere near vinyl (Which your stand may be made out of) Or it'll make the finish get sticky. This is something that is only fixable by refinishing the guitar, So I understand.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Jan 10, 2010,