Ok so my MIM Fender Strat is completely stock. over the next 2 months i plan on improving the overall tone and playability of my guitar. This is what it looks like now.
(Note this is not my exact guitar just what it looks like.)

What I Plan To Upgrade:
Nut
Tuners
Pickups
Bridge (Not switch out the bridge, just upgrade the block and springs)

I am looking for opinions of the nut replacement and the bridge. also I have an idea of what i want for pickups put if some one could recomend some for a David Gilmour type sound that would be nice.
heylo there.

uhm, for the bridge, you could also get some Graphtech saddles. I've heard good things about them. The trem block could be replaced with a good quality Callaham one, and the nut, you could also get from Graphtech or find a bone one.

I'm not sure about the pickups though.

oh yeah, what's your budget? (overall, and for pickups..)
Quote by myXchem
heylo there.

uhm, for the bridge, you could also get some Graphtech saddles. I've heard good things about them. The trem block could be replaced with a good quality Callaham one, and the nut, you could also get from Graphtech or find a bone one.

I'm not sure about the pickups though.

oh yeah, what's your budget? (overall, and for pickups..)

Overall about 300 and about 170 of that for pickups. and yeah i'll check out the graphtech and callaham stuff.
Quote by myXchem
Well, if you could stretch a bit more into the $200~ range, you could get a set of pickups from RockMonkey (http://www.rockmonkeyguitars.com/index.html), which is CorduroyEW's company.
I would contact him first; his pickups are top notch (or so I've heard).
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/CorduroyEW/

I was looking more for something from the states. no offense to Corduroy just i don't want to deal with international shipping.
Ok so I compiled my list of things to buy.

Tuners: Schaller m6bl Mini Top-mount Black and Chrome Finish $60
Pickups: Fender Custom Shop '69s $150
Bridge:
Tremolo Block: Callaham Mexican Standard Enhanced Block $60.00
Bridge Saddles:
Nut & String Trees: Graphtech Black Tusq XL Nut and Trees $8

Total: $278.00 I saved $22.
I reckon id look into those compensated nuts that sort out the intonation problems inherent with guitar necks.

My PRS has one and its really worth it as it just sounds so much sweeter.

http://www.earvana.com/
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by guitarcam123
According to Gilmourish David Gilmour currently has '71 Fender neck and middle pickups and a Seymour Duncan custom wound SSL-1 bridge pickup.

Thanks Cam. I thought to look at Gilmourish really helpful stuff. I'll llook up the '71s and the SSL-1 but I may stay with the '69s
dang, EMG sells a prewired Gilmour strat pickguard. link but it's 300 bucks on it's own. so you could get that by itself. it ships free! haha...

did you account for shipping in your total you posted? just a thought.

i'd stay with the '69's. or check out his EMGs if you have a good amp.
Quote by Sonic Blast
dang, EMG sells a prewired Gilmour strat pickguard. link but it's 300 bucks on it's own. so you could get that by itself. it ships free! haha...

did you account for shipping in your total you posted? just a thought.

i'd stay with the '69's. or check out his EMGs if you have a good amp.

I'm really not a fan of EMG although the Gilmour loaded pickguard is tempting. also I get most of my stuff off of Sweetwater and that all ships free but I am willing to pay a little bit more for shipping when needed.
Quote by Sonic Blast
ok. i just thought i'd ask, because I end up buying a lot of my parts from separate stores. and shipping fees are a royal pain.

Yeah no problem. I found that Sweetwater has very good priceds and they ship for free.