Yeah, I get that sometimes, I keep thinking it's just me, but, I dunno, I suppose climate can affect things.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
Yeah, I get that sometimes, I keep thinking it's just me, but, I dunno, I suppose climate can affect things.

Im starting to wonder if it might be the germanium in the big muff pi ... i heard they can alter in sound with heat and humidity
Quote by Slayerdeath
oh god ya... i just tweek my EQ and play my ass off, or turn it up louder HAHAHA

+100000
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Zoot Allures
Im starting to wonder if it might be the germanium in the big muff pi ... i heard they can alter in sound with heat and humidity

There are no germanium transistors in any stock Big Muffs.

It can just be in your head. I have that sometimes and it is due to my mood and whatnot.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
There are no germanium transistors in any stock Big Muffs.

It can just be in your head. I have that sometimes and it is due to my mood and whatnot.

Yeah this basically, I find often if i'm frustrated about something i hate how my guitar sounds and don't want to play.

although, i swear my Laney VC30 has a brighter tone when it is in a colder environment.. I don't know.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
i have the same problem. I have a sneaking suspicion it may be other electrical appliances causing interference or dirty power... I need me a power conditioner... cept i don't have an effects loop and i don't see the point in putting together a rack mount when i cant have digital effects in it -.-
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Normally this happens when I have a cold. My ears don't hear mids properly when I'm sick, so I end up having this huge spike in how I hear the midrange, and even if I scoop them all the way out (a sound I abhor, btw), they just won't go away.

Sometimes I also just can't get my wah to sound how I want it to, which sort of pisses me off, but meh, I'll live. I only use it maybe once or twice in a 7 song set, so even though I love the sound of a wah, I don't abuse it and make it like some stage gimmick that I NEED for a show, so if I can't get it to sound right, I'll just turn it off and forget about it.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by kumamilesbear
Normally this happens when I have a cold. My ears don't hear mids properly when I'm sick, so I end up having this huge spike in how I hear the midrange, and even if I scoop them all the way out (a sound I abhor, btw), they just won't go away.

Sometimes I also just can't get my wah to sound how I want it to, which sort of pisses me off, but meh, I'll live. I only use it maybe once or twice in a 7 song set, so even though I love the sound of a wah, I don't abuse it and make it like some stage gimmick that I NEED for a show, so if I can't get it to sound right, I'll just turn it off and forget about it.

+1

I've heard about this before.

In my opinion, if you don't sound good, there really is only one thing you can do about it... turn your volume up to 11.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
+1

I've heard about this before.

In my opinion, if you don't sound good, there really is only one thing you can do about it... turn your volume up to 11.

But my amp doesn't have numbers
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
this might sound crazy but if your playing wearing a hood, take it off.

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Bad tone days: the Root cause of GAS.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I think it is more more prevalent in tube amps, as the tubes change sometime. There is more variables when your running a spark of plasma through a vacuum.

That being said, I have bad tone days now and then. Just turn it up louder, the first frequency to sound obnoxiously wrong when your ears are screaming for relief is the problem.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I get this a lot.

Especially when playing loud for a long time. It seems that you ears start to I guess "weaken" (for a lack of a better word), and you start to hear less bass, mids, etc.

My tone also seems to change when I'm tired. I tend to think way more negatively and start to hate my sound even though it sounds exactly the same as it did 2 days ago when I was happy with my sound.
Quote by Blompcube
I find often if i'm frustrated about something i hate how my guitar sounds and don't want to play.

+Lots
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!