Hey guys,

This is my band - Morbid Butchery. We started playing in winter 2008. After almost a year of playing together we began writing original songs and are slowly working twords a full length demo. We record everything in my mini studio, which has been upgraded since these recordings. We have several new songs written and will begin recording the demo in spring.
Please check us out, give feedback and if you like it, share the links with your friends

http://www.facebook.com/Pivologas?ref=name#/pages/Morbid-Butchery/230219417059?ref=mf

http://www.myspace.com/morbidbutchery

Cheers,
Jonas \m/
Sounds pretty excellent guys, I love the guitars!
[img]http://www.facebook.com/badge.php?&items[]=badge_profile_pic&items[]=badge_name&items[]=badge_current_city&items[]=badge_mobile_status&layout=horiz&id=595847812&format=png[/im]
Quote by LordGriffin
Sounds pretty excellent guys, I love the guitars!

Thanks We've actually made a major upgrade in my studio (Yamaha Audiogram3 USB interface), so the guitars will be much better than before And also I'm thinking of buying a new microphone for vocals.
I must say, I like your stuff.
The bit at the start of Son Of A Thousand Maniacs got my attention and creeped me out a bit (which is always good) and the song in itself was really good.
Since your stuff is also home produced, what recording programmes and software do you use?

-Seamiazas (Wormwood)
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
I must say, I like your stuff.
The bit at the start of Son Of A Thousand Maniacs got my attention and creeped me out a bit (which is always good) and the song in itself was really good.
Since your stuff is also home produced, what recording programmes and software do you use?

-Seamiazas (Wormwood)

Thanks, glad you liked it \m/

First of all, I use a 20 euro mic for vocals - better than a headphone mic, but no Shure mic.
Then I use a Yamaha Audiogram3 USB interface. In these recordings I used a simple Creative Audigy 4(?) sound card, but new songs will be recorded with the yamaha.
For recording/editing/mastering I use Cubase, which I got for free LEGIT with the Yamaha. Possibly the best windows-based audio tool.

Track recording:
1. Vocals - Mic -> Yamaha -> Cubase. Simple as that. Then I use a slight eq/reverb to the track.
2. Drums - MIDI track -> EZ drummer + Drumkit From Hell. Best way to make drums in a home studio. Even if we had a drummer with mics, I wouldn't let him record himself. Unless it was a great studio setting.
3. Guitars/Bass - Inst -> Yamaha -> Cubase. I use various VST's (mostly Guitar Rig 4 Pro) to make the guitar tone. I'd mic the cabs, but it won't sound as great without a good mic or high-end cab's.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Jonas \m/
It does help. But since I don't have a budget for recording software I need to know, is any of this stuff free?
Quote by craig-sansum

Quote by Sanitarium91
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
It does help. But since I don't have a budget for recording software I need to know, is any of this stuff free?

It is, but it's illegal I don't think that the mods would want us to be discussing websites containing links to high profile notoriously famous websites that use a torrent protocol
Great sound for a home recording. Real old school sounding. Great job.

I really like the vocals, get a better mic, and it'd be amazing I think. I use a Shure SM58.

Work a bit on the EZ drummer stuff, you can make it sound much better than this, if that's what you are using. Humanize, and fiddle around with the mix in sound, and try another Snare
How did you go about creating the bit at the start of "Son..."?
Quote by craig-sansum

Quote by Sanitarium91
Quote by Fintrollx
****ing brutal stuff! i added you as friend with Projectile Vomit!

Thanks \m/ Really great stuff there \m/ Really lovin' the oldschool feel \m/

Quote by destroy_techno
Great sound for a home recording. Real old school sounding. Great job.

I really like the vocals, get a better mic, and it'd be amazing I think. I use a Shure SM58.

Work a bit on the EZ drummer stuff, you can make it sound much better than this, if that's what you are using. Humanize, and fiddle around with the mix in sound, and try another Snare

Hehe thanks \m/

We are improving the gear every once in a while. I'll look into Shure mic's, or Senheisser, since I really feel the limiting of this mic.

And yes, that is EZ drummer - I don't think that it's worth mic'ing real drums in a simple home recording, especially when the band's drums are THE WORST possible and no proper mics. And no drummer too at the momment. Heck, I can play drums, but I'd rather have a very tight, programmed drum track instead of a pathetic sounding, unsynced real drum sound. Tho we are thinking of getting a E-drumkit for the band, when we get things going properly and using EZ drummer as the AUX output, just because it would be simpler to ajust volume in rehearsal.
We're working on new songs, and I've been buffing up on production skills, learning to make better kit arangements. Maybe you have some specific points on this?
And about the snare... We had a serious discussion with the lead guitarist about the snare sound. He insisted we use this, slightly duller sounding snare, because he liked the sound of it, more oldschool, as he put it, but I was up for a "Pearl" snare that was really bright. We decided to keep this one and if it didn't sound well, we'd change it to the pearl. We ended up not minding the sound of that one, and.. the results are here

Quote by Wretched_Spawn
How did you go about creating the bit at the start of "Son..."?

It's a clip from "Nightmare on Elm street". It's the "Freddy's song". I was into that movie when I was writting this song. I found a clip on youtube that had ONLY that part of the movie and downloaded the sound track and put it in the song.
The drums are bad, get a real drummer instead!

Vocals are pretty basic death metal, nothing special here.
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by Axeaman
The drums are bad, get a real drummer instead!

Vocals are pretty basic death metal, nothing special here.

We are working on improving, but I still feel that it sounds better than "Infected Flesh"

And vocals... Basic death metal is our goal, so I didn't scream/pigsqueel, even tho I know how to.

Anyway, thanks for the constructive criticism
Cheers \m/
Thanks for all the positive replies \m/ We just uploaded a new song on our myspace "Consumed Granade Rejection". Check it out, rate it \m/
It was okay, it seemed kinda messy thou! The guitar had a nice crunch to it. Also the song had a good "drive" to it!

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1255927
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted