Ok I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place, but this is the only place about cover songs and as that's what my questions about I feel this is the right place. Anyway...

Me and my band would like to cover Bronski Beat's Smalltown Boy and New Order's Blue Monday for a club in Edinburgh. I have a drummer, a bassist, a singer, a synthesiser (is that what they're called? I'm not sure he's pretty new) and a guitarist (me). Seeing as we're covering them we'd like to tweak them a little bit.

So with Smalltown Boy, I decided to play the riff on guitar and I've got it already, and I'm gonna' say, it sounds pretty good. But I want to know if we have the necessary people to play it and get a good song. I also want to know if these are easy songs, we are a rock n' roll band but this is one of Edinburgh's best clubs and electro stuff really gets people going here so we don't mind being hired once or twice to play some of this stuff.

So in a nutshell, we're covering these two songs

1. Would they be hard songs to play? We're capable but I'm just wondering and...

2. What sort of tweaks can we do for each to make it, yano, a unique cover?

Thanks in advance

Led
Get playing music.
That'll answer a lot of your questions.
That's all I got.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"