Ok, after a lot of posts and a lot of consideration, I have decided to replace my stock Ibanez RG350M 'Infinity' pickups with Irongear pickups.

One more problem, there's always one!
I am going to take out the single pickup in the middle position and have an H-H configuration, and I have no idea how to wire this, can anybody please give me some relief on this problem (diagrams maybe?). I have a 5-way selector by the way. Any detailed help would be greatly appreciated.

I feel confident enough to solder and I want to do it myself, so no guitar store reccomendations please.

And also, I decided on the Hot Slag and Steam Hammer, the former being in the bridge and the latter in the neck. What do you all think about that? Or should I have it the other way around?

Thanks!
Why do you want to remove your single coil?
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
It get's in the way and I never use it, AT ALL. I tried to lower it flush with the body but it wouldn't go low. I'm used being able to pick aggressively on a HH configuration SG type guitar and it just feels like the single coil gets in the way!
I would go to the Gear Building and Customizing. Because if you remove the single coil you will have a hole routed for a single coil which would need filling and I'm not completely sure on how to that.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
I would go to the Gear Building and Customizing. Because if you remove the single coil you will have a hole routed for a single coil which would need filling and I'm not completely sure on how to that.

I was gonna just make a custom pickguard and put it on instead, without a hole for the single coil, nobody will ever know there was one there
I suppose you could do that and possibly also carve a bit of wood to fit in the single coil space and glue it in there.

I found this wiring diagram for wiring humbuckers to a 5-way switch -

http://www.guitartechcraig.com/techwire/tech17.jpg
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
That's ok
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
pickguard should work.

however (and bear in mind, this is entirely up to you), i found that i rarely ever used my stock ibanez single coil, but once i upgraded to decent pickups, i used it quite a bit. Stock ibanez pickups are fairly poor, and might be unnecessarily biassing you against single coils. If it gets in the way of your picking, though, then it might be worth taking it out anyway. Just a suggestion, though.

I haven't tried irongears, but it might be worth looking into toneriders too (which I also haven't tried), as they're a similar price, and have a similar rep, as far as i know.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What Dave_Mc said, shitty pickups can really bias you against SC's when I first started out I had a cheap fat strat knock off and was convinced that SC's were the dumbest invention ever for about 3 months.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by Dave_Mc
pickguard should work.

however (and bear in mind, this is entirely up to you), i found that i rarely ever used my stock ibanez single coil, but once i upgraded to decent pickups, i used it quite a bit. Stock ibanez pickups are fairly poor, and might be unnecessarily biassing you against single coils. If it gets in the way of your picking, though, then it might be worth taking it out anyway. Just a suggestion, though.

I haven't tried irongears, but it might be worth looking into toneriders too (which I also haven't tried), as they're a similar price, and have a similar rep, as far as i know.

Thanks man, thanks for being considerate too, some people on here can be just like "KEEP YOUR SINGLE COIL!", but I find it really does just get in the way!
I'll look into those Toneriders too!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?