Ok right now I am looking to get a new amp that will last me for a LONG time, I have 600 dollars to spend so I think I have narrowed it down to the
Blackstar HT-5H HT-110 http://www.guitarcenter.com/Blackstar-HT-Series-HT-5H-and-HT-110-Guitar-Mini-Half-Stack-105154439-i1435429.gc
or
Peavey 6505 combo http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-6505-Plus-112-60W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-582106-i1445921.gc
now I want an amp that can play nice poppy high power chords if you know what im saying like blink-182 and green day ish for a generilization. but i also want it to be able to get nice and heavy, not like hardcore metal heavy just like a heavy rock. im going to be the rtyhmn player which is why im so obsessed witht he high sounding powerchords cause i love that. now ive been told JUST GET THE COMBO WTF WHY DO YOU NEED A HALFSTACK?!??!?! but its a mini halfstack so dont use that reason to help me decide. any help would be nice if im being too vague or whatever just say so cause ill clear it up, thanks.
Ok, both decent amps, but one's 5 watts one's 120 If i'm not mistaken. You planning gigging?
Jet City JCA20H and the matching cab. /thread.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
^This
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
It's pretty cheap (about $500 total for the head and cab), gets great cleans, great overdrive, and can get agressive enough for what you're doing. Just look at some demos on youtube. the GuitarWorld one is good.

EDIT: and it can also get loud enough to do smallish gigs with.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Last edited by lkngro at Jan 2, 2010,
^ no problem

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
If you are playing in a band then I would go for the 6505 but if this is for you to practice then get the Blackstar combo or the mini stack. The Jet City amp someone posted about is also good for what you want and is 20 watts I believe. You could also get a Marshall Haze for that price which is around 15 watts.

You've got plenty of options, so you just need to get to a shop. Good luck on your quest!